Need gimbal parts for my new P3 :(

They're not the same from P2V+ to P3.

Nothing is. every single part with regards to the gimbal / camera / cabling is unique. Even the shell is different. Blades seem to be the same though.
Understood, but they will be available. Nothing is available now.

That's about the same as a p2v camera gimbal. Not bad. Anyway, here is the single most effective gimbal/camera protection device I've ever come across. Used properly and often, it keeps a phantom gimbal in pristine shape.
image.jpg

Like the look of that one - what model is it? Looks slicker than my Syma 5X

It's the cheapest Hubsan, X4 H107L. Flies, pretty fast, very durable in a crash. Fly one often when indoors and flying a phantom becomes child's play. Every phantom newbie should have one in his or her stable. And for the experts, it allows us to fly indoors when the weather is crap outside.

Yeah, seems like it's either the Syma or the Husban that we practice with. Amazing how crash-resistant they are...

These things are better than any sim, any gimbal protector, whatever. I fly my micro almost every day indoors. A micro, at 40-60 bucks, should be a no-brainer add on piece of proficiency aid to anyone getting in the hobby. Buy a micro quad and practice and the benefits will far outweigh any other expenditure.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your crash. UAV Bits will have a gimbal guard for the P3 out soon. Sadly it was not out in time to help you.

Gary we're looking forward to seeing how the P3 gimbal guard will work without causing the VPS any trouble.

I would consider buying another P3P and go from there - about ~$300 + more expensive than replacement parts but gets you in the air quickly....
Plus he'd get another battery, 2 sets of props and another controller. Could sell the new battery for $120 and perhaps the controller a little later. Either that or wait to see if used parts become available.

HTB1eSmuFVXXXXbiXpXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg
I like flying a cheerson cx-10 indoors....it feels surprisingly solid and is stable.....wish i could control it will a bigger transmitter though...may have to mod something for kicks ;)

It's the cheapest Hubsan, X4 H107L. Flies, pretty fast, very durable in a crash. Fly one often when indoors and flying a phantom becomes child's play. Every phantom newbie should have one in his or her stable. And for the experts, it allows us to fly indoors when the weather is crap outside.

I love the hubsan, I own 3 and I bought every one in my family one for XMAS. it was pretty funny when I went to my local hobby shop and literally bought everyone they had think it was 12 lol including extra batteries for all.

my family love them, its pretty fun when you have 5 or 6 going at once, if you throw on the prop guards you can dog fight with literally not fear of damage, great product

I've been outa the loop since I damaged the Ribbon Cable on my Phantom Crash Test Dummy PV2+. After most likely more than one ESC not quite right due to my excellent pilotness, debris of all sorts inside my brushless magnets of evil motors, I've decided to wait. I will wait for more P3 pilots to fly and give us thoughts, and I will wait for the 3DR Solo to take to the reviewable stages. I know what it's like to see something so awesome suddenly realize itself as being so **** fragile. My fault, I shoulda trained more with the Hubsans etc. However, can someone make a Gimbal that can withstand the inevitable mistake, surprise occurrence resulting in a crash, tumble, tip over, tree smack?

Crash Test Dummies - Great band from the 80s!

People seem to think that the 'gimbal guards' generate some kind of invisible force field. the fact is if Phanton crashes belly down the yolk that supports the camera can still break. The gimbal guard does nothing more than prevent motor separation which is only one cause of gimbal failure.

People seem to think that the 'gimbal guards' generate some kind of invisible force field. the fact is if Phanton crashes belly down the yolk that supports the camera can still break. The gimbal guard does nothing more than prevent motor separation which is only one cause of gimbal failure.

Actually, most of the ruined cameras I have seen are from impact with the ground, trees, or buildings. When the Phantom hits belly down the plastic legs spread apart and the camera takes the full impact or in other instances a foreign object, curb, rock, branch, etc... passes between the legs and strikes the camera. Our carbon fiber camera guards are designed to prevent the plastic legs from spreading apart and stop objects from passing between the legs to damage the camera and gimbal.
Since DJI placed a steel insert on the V3, separation is no longer a big problem.
I have replaced the clear plastic retainers that pass through the center of the dampening balls with zip ties (loosely tied to allow for complete freedom of motion) on my birds. The stock retainers break too easily and allow the camera to go flying off the Phantom in a crash.
Of course, no system can provide 100% protection of your Phantom, but my camera guard has saved my Phantom several times (I like to fly low and between trees and bridges).

Reactions: Fplvert
Hey Fastsmiles,

You making a minimalist guard for P3? I'd also love a filter for the camera. Thanks!

You got it, I will have the camera guards ready to take orders by Monday and I will have the filters ready in about a week. New design for the filters as well.

Reactions: Fplvert
:)
Big smile for that!!!

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl