Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need forum help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joker'shobby, Apr 30, 2016.

1. joker'shobby

I'm a tech guy, but this is my first forum. I've been reading here for a couple of weeks, but I just joined yesterday. I'm 41, my profile says different. How do I change that and what is the easiest way to find my posts for replies and how do notifications work?

2. Shadow 81

Only an Administrator can change your date of birth for you - hopefully one will see your post and help you out. If you write in a topic you will get notifications of any new posts. If you haven't posted at the top right there is 'Watch Thread' sign - click it and you will get updates. If you download the Phantom Pilot App you will get notifications on your phone too as well as emails.

joker'shobby likes this.
  3. joker'shobby

Notifications are on but I had no idea you replied. I did download the app. and I am in it now.

4. joker'shobby

What is the watch thread symbol? The star?

5. Shadow 81

No - it actually says 'watch thread'

6. joker'shobby

I'm in the app, I see no "watch thread". I do apologize for my ignorance, but I would appreciate any help. I'm on my Samsung galaxy phone with wifi in the app. I see no watch thread. Beyond that, wouldn't you think I would automatically be notified with replies since I posted the thread? What is the reason I would need to go back and click watch thread.

7. Shadow 81

In the App there is a section at the top with 3 lines - click this and that is your notifications - but you can go into settings and make sure push notifications are on - i.e. the button is green

8. joker'shobby

@Shadow81 my app has a red line across the top, from left to right; when you click on the drone icon that is categories, next to the right is a drop down menu, mine currently says "need forum help", then the star which I have highlighted, then a search magnification glass, then 3 dots for tefresh, report reply. Right where I am typing, to the right is the airplane send button and to the left is a + symbol in a circle, I don't know what that does. Also when I click on the envelope on the top to instant message someone it automatically copies everything, then I post?

9. Shadow 81

Mine is the IOS App on an iPhone - I have a red line across the top where it says PhantomPilots, then options to Browse, Popular Threads and My Posts - then below that options for General Forums, then Phantom 4, 3, 2 1 going down the page - when you choose one you have more options for subject topics

10. 10X

10X

Still trying to figure out the app myself. When viewing a tread, tap the 3 dots @ the top right & select subscribe. The only way I have found to see my threads in the app is go all the way back to the first menu & select My Posts. HTH

joker'shobby likes this.