Need firmware advise

Reaction score
I just received my replacement P3A. It is currently on firmware 1.4.10+. The last P3A I had was on 1.6. and both batteries were updated to 1.6 as well. For the time being, I am planning to leave the firmware at 1.4 as suggested by many forum members. What should I do about the batteries? I have 1 Battery at 1.6, and a new battery that requires an update. Do I put firmware 1.4 on the card and update the 2nd battery to that and then have 2 batteries with different firmware? Will this cause any problems?

All firmware are as follows:

P3A - 1.4.10+
RC - 1.5.70
DJI Go - 2.6.0

Thanks.

I update to the latest firmware. 30 or 40 people out of 100,000 plus is not enough for me to risk my UAV on firmware that DJI felt the need to replace.
How do you know which past firmware fixed everything?
If it goes bad, who gets blamed then?
Just my opinion, others may disagree

I update to the latest firmware. 30 or 40 people out of 100,000 plus is not enough for me to risk my UAV on firmware that DJI felt the need to replace.
How do you know which past firmware fixed everything?
If it goes bad, who gets blamed then?
Just my opinion, others may disagree
I understand your thinking, but my last Phantom had a serious malfunction in the battery that caused the crash. Don't know whether that was firmware related, just a little nervous.

Fair enough :)

Was everything on the latest firmware then?

BTW, 1.5 fixed a battery issue.

Fair enough :)

Was everything on the latest firmware then?
Yes, it was my first phantom and I updated everything to the newest firmware. Not sure if that was a mistake or not, that's why I am being a little more cautious this time.

First off where did you read 1.4 was good. I must've missed that one. I read it has shuttering bird and poor videos. Second and only my opinion based on my conversations with dji service dept. that they may not honor a drop out off sky repair if it was on latest firmware. They fixed mine but not without a fuss

First off where did you read 1.4 was good. I must've missed that one. I read it has shuttering bird and poor videos. Second and only my opinion based on my conversations with dji service dept. that they may not honor a drop out off sky repair if it was on latest firmware. They fixed mine but not without a fuss
Just from reading this forum. Not sure about the problems, but something I hadn't thought about regarding the newest firmware.

1.5 is the only firmware you do not want to use on your Phantom. 1.4 is okay to use.

There is no way to downgrade the firmware on batteries. DJI has never indicated that a battery running 1.6 cannot be used on a Phantom running 1.4. All should be just fine.

1.5 is the only firmware you do not want to use on your Phantom. 1.4 is okay to use.

There is no way to downgrade the firmware on batteries. DJI has never indicated that a battery running 1.6 cannot be used on a Phantom running 1.4. All should be just fine.
Thanks for the reply. If I put a copy of 1.4 on the SD card, will it update the battery without doing anything to the Phantom?

You cannot downgrade the batteries from 1.6 to 1.4. If you put 1.4 on your memory card, nothing should be installed when you start your Phantom.

You cannot downgrade the batteries from 1.6 to 1.4. If you put 1.4 on your memory card, nothing should be installed when you start your Phantom.
I'm just referring to the battery that says it requires an update. Or, if the Phantom came with firmware 1.4, would the battery be the same and I should leave it alone?

Ah, well, you could put 1.4 on your memory card (since that's what's installed on your Phantom) and see if the battery updates. If it does not, then it should be running 1.4 right now. Unfortunately, the DJI GO app does not show the current battery firmware version.

Ah, well, you could put 1.4 on your memory card (since that's what's installed on your Phantom) and see if the battery updates. If it does not, then it should be running 1.4 right now. Unfortunately, the DJI GO app does not show the current battery firmware version.
Ok. Thanks again for the help.

I just received my replacement P3A. It is currently on firmware 1.4.10+. The last P3A I had was on 1.6. and both batteries were updated to 1.6 as well. For the time being, I am planning to leave the firmware at 1.4 as suggested by many forum members. What should I do about the batteries? I have 1 Battery at 1.6, and a new battery that requires an update. Do I put firmware 1.4 on the card and update the 2nd battery to that and then have 2 batteries with different firmware? Will this cause any problems?

All firmware are as follows:

P3A - 1.4.10+
RC - 1.5.70
DJI Go - 2.6.0

Thanks.

I test products for dji and let me say I'm pretty stoked I managed to make it back to 1.4 from 1.6 firmware.

P3P - 1.4.10
RC - 1.5.70
DJI Go - 2.4.2

The 1.4 firmware is so much better suited for me. No GEO Zone, No Speed Reductions

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Kind of what I have been reading. I figure if everything is fine, no problem. If not, I can always upgrade later. Can't go back.

Do tell us more :)

The best I can tell......it was luck. I loaded the firmware on the microSD card and inserted it as usual. It started the process and began chiming the No-Go sequence. And just as I was reaching for the power button on the battery, the lights and sequence sound changed to the install procedure. When it finished I looked over the firmware log's like they were winning lottery tickets to make sure it did in deed successfully install.

Come on Frank! We love ya, but theres holes all over in that story. We all know ya do stuff with DJI cause you love to share that. Then you say you got lucky!! Like lottery lucky! Nah, it dont add up. U know something and yer not s'posed to share only now you've shared too much and you've got to give some details

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik