Need files for RC firmware downgade

Roi

Reaction score
Hello,

I like to downgrade the firmware of theRC of my P3S from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 because of the range problems.

Unfortunally I deleted the firmware cache of my DJI GO app... :-(

In this thread I learned a bit about this procedure.

I kindly ask you for files you might have left on you DJI GO installations, either on iOS or Android. I think these files could be the same.

On Android the files are located on the internal memory in the directory DJI / dji.pilot / Upgrade / DLPackage and on iOS the files are located in the directory Apps / DJI GO / .firmdir (which you can access with the free demo version of iExplorer).

I really hope that you can help me. Maybe you have a link where I can download these files. I was not successful when looking for an existing download location.

Cheers,
Roi

Won't work. It's the link to your local hard disk. You need to share the files somewhere on the internet. Like on Dropbox, Google Drive or something like that. Also I can give you a link where you can upload the files if you like.

Reactions: smackc4
As Harry thought I just need a firmware file:

I know about the "normal" firmware files. These files can be downloaded from various locations on the Internet. But these files so not work in the DJI GO app. I need special files for downgrade the remote control. These can only be found in these cache directories on the Android or iOS devices.

Thank you again,
Roi

As Harry thought I just need a firmware file:

I know about the "normal" firmware files. These files can be downloaded from various locations on the Internet. But these files so not work in the DJI GO app. I need special files for downgrade the remote control. These can only be found in these cache directories on the Android or iOS devices.

Thank you again,
Roi
There's no need to downgrade the FW on the RC, it's the AC's FW you want to downgrade if your wanting to go that route.
Look here bottom of page: DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

All I want to achieve is more range. A "normal"range.not looking for the absolute maximum, but 50-150m is not what I thought I would have.

So 1.5.7 is the firmware people are suggesting.

Also, is safe to apply the PapaTita mod to a setup of 1.5.7 on the copter 1.6.8 on the RC?

All I want to achieve is more range. A "normal"range.not looking for the absolute maximum, but 50-150m is not what I thought I would have.

So 1.5.7 is the firmware people are suggesting.

Also, is safe to apply the PapaTita mod to a setup of 1.5.7 on the copter 1.6.8 on the RC?
Like I said in my above post, when people downgrade their FW it's the AC they downgrade, not the RC. And yes it's 1.5.7 those in CE mode area are downgrading to for better range. And yes to your second questing. But if you want to double check post that second question on this thread. http://www.phantompilots.com/posts/972447/

Reactions: MadDias
Did you already downgrade your AC? Did you test it? Are you still having a poor range?
I wouldn´t try too many mods at once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen