Need expertise on purchasing a drone for practice

Reaction score
So I have not received my P3S yet and im told its on back order or something like that. So I was wondering what is a good drone to buy for around $100 or under that I can use to practice on before the p3s comes in. Ive never used a drone before and the key things im looking for are as follows: real time first person view through my android phone( Nexus 6) or even a tablet is fine. I would love to have self take off and land if possible but not a must. Something that can handle a little bit of wind since I am located in Chicago suburb and it can get a little windy. It would be cool to have a drone that can stay in place if i take my hands off the controls. Being able to record decent video and take pictures would be nice. This is sounding like a baby dji phantom 3 lol. I might be asking for too much, but you guys have been very helpful so far. Im confident you will help steer me in the right direction. Maybe you can tell me what drones you used to practice with. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Not too experienced with drones and stuff, but I fee the stuff you are asking for could run in the $200. Honestly, I feel you should focus on having a more harder to fly drone with no auto takeoff, and no FPV. It will definitely help hone your skills more. There really is no reason why you need those things when you have a P3s coming in anyways. Good luck!

Not too experienced with drones and stuff, but I fee the stuff you are asking for could run in the $200. Honestly, I feel you should focus on having a more harder to fly drone with no auto takeoff, and no FPV. It will definitely help hone your skills more. There really is no reason why you need those things when you have a P3s coming in anyways. Good luck!

Yea good point, do you have any that you recommend?

I agree with Adil J, your need to learn to fly on a basic level quad. I highly recommended starting with a Syma X5C. They can take a lot of abuse without inflicting too much damage and are stable flyers. For $50 you can't go wrong.

Just to add another opinion ... although people will recommend a "trainer drone", none are going to be as easy to fly as your Phantom.
It's much easier than you imagine and the basics will only take a few minutes to pick up.
The important material to understand is how to operate the Phantom.
Things like RTH and to keep well clear of trees and obstacles.
Download the manual and watch some of the tutorial videos on the DJI website to get an understanding of the Phantom specific things that really matter.

Reactions: RadRich and msinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20