Need clarification on RTH parameters

Yikes, never thought of that - or if you happen to be over water within that range of 20m or so from your home point. I suppose lesson here is avoid RTH unless it is an absolute emergency! Good point!

Odd looking area there at that "look out" - is that a stone/brick retaining wall surrounding it or a kind of road-way, hard to tell? From the air it looks like an area with an alter for some ancient sacrifices - LOL. Nice photo nonetheless.

It's the centre of the lookout on a concrete slab and a memorial seat.here is another picture. Remember the lunatic that killed 35 people in Tasmania? In Australia? 3 were from this town having a holiday. the seat is the memorial thing. The curve path is just a walkway .

48cb75d6f4a826e83a44173b5d181672.jpg
e4afe53617b2c436f8107cdfd92f657a.jpg

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
It's the centre of the lookout on a concrete slab and a memorial seat.here is another picture. Remember the lunatic that killed 35 people in Tasmania? In Australia? 3 were from this town having a holiday. the seat is the memorial thing. The curve path is just a walkway .

Thank you for the response and extra photos of that area - yes I do remember that chilling and very sad event and the sweeping gun controls that followed world-wide (well not in the USA of course). Lunatic indeed - only since I can't think of a more fitting title for that maniac.

Aha - what I thought was a retaining wall from the overhead shot is a pathway. Very nice looking spot to have such a memorial - nice safe spot to fly your Phantom also. Happy n safe future flying and filming Vzr1.

Reactions: Vzr1
Thank you for the response and extra photos of that area - yes I do remember that chilling and very sad event and the sweeping gun controls that followed world-wide (well not in the USA of course). Lunatic indeed - only since I can't think of a more fitting title for that maniac.

Aha - what I thought was a retaining wall from the overhead shot is a pathway. Very nice looking spot to have such a memorial - nice safe spot to fly your Phantom also. Happy n safe future flying and filming Vzr1.

You won't believe this I crashed straight into that concrete thing! Had all that room and somehow it turned sideways and the props just hit flush on it and slid down and the props got a bit of a hiding. Will advanced guards for a standard do you know?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262184269790

Will advanced guards for a standard do you know?

LOL - figures eh - "murphy's law" when hitting that piece!

That e-bay ad states "HOT 4x Propeller Guard Protector Prop for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Advanced"

Looks to me like it says they will fit both Phantoms. They don't look like the "snap-on" type however and you might find it a bit of a pain in the butt when you want remove them and add them again (screw on type).

I have em and never liked them - could be just me, but I noticed a difference when flying as to stability, get in the way of frame shots of the camera, they can give us a false sense of security IMO. I wouldn't buy 3rd party ones either - only DJI guards - just like props only DJI.

I like sticking with OEM parts for almost anything! However, to each their own - happy flying - and stay away from anything other than open areas - LOL.

That e-bay ad states "HOT 4x Propeller Guard Protector Prop for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Advanced"

Looks to me like it says they will fit both Phantoms. They don't look like the "snap-on" type however and you might find it a bit of a pain in the butt when you want remove them and add them again (screw on type).

I have em and never liked them - could be just me, but I noticed a difference when flying as to stability, get in the way of frame shots of the camera, they can give us a false sense of security IMO. I wouldn't buy 3rd party ones either - only DJI guards - just like props only DJI.

I like sticking with OEM parts for almost anything! However, to each their own - happy flying - and stay away from anything other than open areas - LOL.

I don't mind 10 minutes out of my life to turn a few screws lol, better then Ruining my props, intill I'm more confident anyway flying freestyle.

I don't mind 10 minutes out of my life to turn a few screws lol

I hear and good point as to the props - just don't get that "false sense" of security using them and run into something bigger that takes another 10 minutes to pick up the pieces - haha - happy n safe flying.

He (msinger) is indeed, and I have appreciated his help on at least a couple of occasions. Others on this forum have been equally as helpful and I appreciate each and every one of you.

Thank you.

Bud

Thank you msinger - you're just a wealth of knowledge on the subject of Phantoms and helping others. Much appreciated.

I took your advice and got the clip on ones [emoji106]
6f66498ce029030c1c278e3e99c1a2d2.jpg

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I don't mind 10 minutes out of my life to turn a few screws lol, better then Ruining my props, intill I'm more confident anyway flying freestyle.

Just be very careful when removing them NOT to use the longer screws without the guards or motor damage will result.

Reactions: Vzr1
Odd looking area there at that "look out" - is that a stone/brick retaining wall surrounding it or a kind of road-way said:
The way it transitions to a dirt path in the trees I would say a road. Maybe an old school track. Closed down after the sacrifices, filled in and a monument placed.....
Used to have a flying field that looked level, but he trees on one edge were really over a hundred feet tall, ground was way down, but tree tops fit right in with small trees at ground level.
But if house is 21 stories high it would make the roof about the right height.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj