Need calibration help

Reaction score
Ok, I've been having some problems with my P2V+ staying put in the air. I always like to put it at 10-ft up and test the controls in each direction. When I do that right now, it moves around too much. it might drop a few feet, regain that plus a couple more. Some subtle, occasional counter-clockwise rotation. It almost appears like the front left rotor has a touch of a sputter to it. I tried blowing our each of the motors just to make sure there wasn't something lodged. Replaced all the props with stock equipment, used the assistant software and ran the standard diagnostics... to no avail. Any guidance is appreciated. I had a helper run some iphone video of it and will upload as soon as he gets it to me.

Thanks guys

Maybe:
Check the Right toggle switch and make sure that GPS and ATTI switches are working. It might be stuck in permanent ATTI.
Use the stock props and make sure they are perfect.
Use the phantom assistant and restore the gains to default. If that doesn't work, use the phantom assistant and bump up the GPS gains on each gradually by 10%.

Also, never blow air into the motors. Turn the phantom upside down and manually turn the props/motors. This is good practice if you fly around beaches.

That's pretty much normal. The altitude is controlled mainly by barometric sensor, and with wind that is going to change a little. The lateral movement, also mainly a function of wind, is controlled by GPS, and the accuracy of the GPS controlled position varies within an offset tolerance limit. From the conditions I hear in your video, my Phantom would do pretty much the same as yours. With experience, one gets used to that, but to gain that confidence is to fly it quite a bit, a vicious circle.

-Dale-

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie