Need better Gimbal, what is my best option?

Reaction score
My buddy got me into the Phantom. He told me to get the original phantom, with the H3-2D and H3B setup. I didn't listen, bought the Phantom 2 Vision and the gimbal just isn't good enough.

Should I...

- upgrade the DJI Gimbal?
- get the zenmuse/gopro setup and swap back and forth?
- Is swapping back and forth a difficult process?

If you like the Vision app with the video downlink and full remote camera control and you are happy with the Vision camera quality except for the stability, then getting one of the forthcoming third-party brushless gimbals might be the best option (dronexpert is now released, Rotorpixel coming in February).

If any of that doesn't apply then seriously consider selling your Vision and starting again with a V2, gimbal and GoPro, rather than swapping - at the moment the Vision is not setup to accept the zenmuse as it stands. You can add FPV and data overlay later, but won't get the remote camera control and the "nothing extra to bring" package that the Vision represents.

Only one person can make the choices, though. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. All makes sense. I like being able to compose the shot (FV2) and won't get that with GoPro as easily. As soon as there is a bit of competition between Gimbal's the prices should go down. What I don't want to do is get close to the cost of just having another rig. $500 for the Gimbal seems a bit high.

That's all relative. If a year ago I knew I could have something like this for $3000 I'd have bought it without thinking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20