Need advice.. Re: video, vs. trees between me and copter

Reaction score
It seems most posts that refer to upgrading one's copter etc., revolve around distance.. Bigger antenna, amplifiers etc. .. Whatever it takes to be able to fly further away.. This seems to be the ultimate goal for most copter pilots. Personally, I'm not really that interested in being able to fly 3 miles down the highway.. With my 2+ (line of site), I've been able to go 4,200 feet away, before the RTH feature takes over.. I'm quite impressed. However, when I went to check out something at ground level, just 200 feet away.. As soon as I got a couple of trees between me and my copter, I lost the transmitter signal and video feed.. What I want to be able to do, is fly over the tree tops on my property (within a 1,000 feet), and then in the clearings, drop down to ground level to check things out.. I know the wifi signal is severely affected by any obsticals -- even if you amp. it up.. Is there anything on the market, that would increase the transmitter and video links, when it's not line of sight? I know some radio frequencies work better in this respect, than others.. Thanks

Re: Need advice.. Re: video, vs. trees between me and copte

You can get aftermarket antennas but the way they increase the signal is focusing it more into a beam so not always ideal for everyday flying.
A chainsaw maybe a better answer. :)
Incidentally I expect leafless trees break up the signal considerably less?

Re: Need advice.. Re: video, vs. trees between me and copte

4wd said:
You can get aftermarket antennas but the way they increase the signal is focusing it more into a beam so not always ideal for everyday flying.
A chainsaw maybe a better answer. :)
Incidentally I expect leafless trees break up the signal considerably less?

I own a campground, and have my own wifi system.. I have a wifi booster, and it does help, pushing the signal through the trees, and the RV walls.. I'm wondering if the Lightbridge system would help, in this situation..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl