Need advice on FPV Googles for drones I have

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced , a Hubsan H107D+, and soon I am going to order the Eachine wizard x220 and I would like to know which FPV Googles should I get? I don't know anything about the googles because I am new to drones. I would like to be able to use these with all my drones if possible and I want to prevent wasting my money and buying something that is junk or I wont be happy with and end up just buying another set of googles in a few months.

Can anyone with some experience help me out please? should I just go ahead and buy those Fat Shark googles? or something a bit cheaper? If fat sharks is the way to go which model would you suggest?

Thank You all for taking the time to helping us noobs out :D:wink:

Randy

Amazon.com: Hubsan X4 Quadcopter with FPV Camera Toy: Toys & Games

Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racer Blheli_S F3 6DOF 5.8G 48CH 200MW 700TVL Camera w/ FlySky I6 RTF

It really depends what type of flying you prefer, if you want to race the fatsharks are the ones. If you want to be in your mini Imax and get the big full in your face image I recommend Headplays. Native screen is 7 inch, HD 720 via a hdmi cable to your dji optional module (need hdmi module for phantoms) or via the included antenna for some other types of crafts (may or may not have same frequency, check first). They are big and look goofy but are less than a pound and are comfortable. If you need glasses there is enough room to fit inside the face piece. You have GO telemetry in your screen and a few extra cool ones. Check them out I have a pair and love them, there great to bring your family and friends for a ride.

It really depends what type of flying you prefer, if you want to race the fatsharks are the ones. If you want to be in your mini Imax and get the big full in your face image I recommend Headplays. Native screen is 7 inch, HD 720 via a hdmi cable to your dji optional module (need hdmi module for phantoms) or via the included antenna for some other types of crafts (may or may not have same frequency, check first). They are big and look goofy but are less than a pound and are comfortable. If you need glasses there is enough room to fit inside the face piece. You have GO telemetry in your screen and a few extra cool ones. Check them out I have a pair and love them, there great to bring your family and friends for a ride.

Thx for the help Erised... Is this the type you are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DPA66EA/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_fIuIybPW6BFXVw

After thinking about this for a while I believe I am looking for the imax image... Maybe down the road when I learn to fly better I might end up racing but not any time soon

Another reason I got these is that if I would ever go see drone racing I could maybe tune in to a racers frequency and go for a ride and try not to get sick. lol

Good, some brands look like headplay but the guts are not the same, just make sure that when you look inside the goggles you see all screen. Check headplay.com

After checking out the Headplays more I am going to buy this FPV Goggles... I also currently use my phone galaxy S7 edge and wanted to upgrade to a tablet. I have read that if you have a Nvidia Shield k1 it has a hdmi output that I could connect to my P3A controller... I'm assuming that I wouldn't need the $99 hdmi module to connect.... Am I correct?

Another reason I got these is that if I would ever go see drone racing I could maybe tune in to a racers frequency and go for a ride and try not to get sick. lol

You can actually tune into another racer flying near you! How cool I didn't give this a thought ;) thx I have been learning a lot from this group! A great bunch of people willing to help :)

After checking out the Headplays more I am going to buy this FPV Goggles... I also currently use my phone galaxy S7 edge and wanted to upgrade to a tablet. I have read that if you have a Nvidia Shield k1 it has a hdmi output that I could connect to my P3A controller... I'm assuming that I wouldn't need the $99 hdmi module to connect.... Am I correct?
Yes the Shield K1 has hdmi output, my next tablet will probably be a shield or maybe that new crystal from dji that has hdmi out but I bet the price will be a deterrent.

Yes the Shield K1 has hdmi output, my next tablet will probably be a shield or maybe that new crystal from dji that has hdmi out but I bet the price will be a deterrent.
Yes I believe the crystal table will be way to much for me of this guys guess is correct
Screenshot_20170126-140638.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z