Need a straight answer on this

Reaction score
I just received a new (V3) P2 and an H3 gimbal in 2 separate shipments direct from DJI (fly-away credit). Instead of the P2 version of the gimbal, I got the one with the GCU (and no interference board).

As far as I know, there is no advantage with the GCU, and it is not needed at all. I was planning to go to my local DJI dealer (a mile down the road) and see if he'll swap out the GCU and accessories for an interference board. OR, just the whole gimbal package for a P2 version gimbal. Otherwise, I'll have to send the gimbal back to DJI to swap it out.

Are my assumptions correct, or is the GCU worth something to me?

DattaGroover said:
I just received a new (V3) P2 and an H3 gimbal in 2 separate shipments direct from DJI (fly-away credit). Instead of the P2 version of the gimbal, I got the one with the GCU (and no interference board).

As far as I know, there is no advantage with the GCU, and it is not needed at all. I was planning to go to my local DJI dealer (a mile down the road) and see if he'll swap out the GCU and accessories for an interference board. OR, just the whole gimbal package for a P2 version gimbal. Otherwise, I'll have to send the gimbal back to DJI to swap it out.

correct me if I'm wrong but the GCU gives gimbal instructions to P1 phantom not necessary for P2

Id sell that part since it appears to be very pricey (online search)

Buy an anti interferance board for 14 dollars locally and your good to go.

capodrone81 said:
DattaGroover said:

correct me if I'm wrong but the GCU gives gimbal instructions to P1 phantom not necessary for P2

See, that's why I use this forum: 'cause people smarter than me also use it.

DattaGroover said:
capodrone81 said:
DattaGroover said:

See, that's why I use this forum: 'cause people smarter than me also use it.

Smarter than I :) Sorry couldn't resist lol

Buckaye said:
Smarter than I :) Sorry couldn't resist lol

OK my turn now :)
Smarter than I ... am. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4