Need a replacement controller

Reaction score
I just got a Phantom P330D (V2.0.0) for Christmas. Had a successful first day of flying but unbelieveably I dropped the transmitter while I was loading everything in the car. The antenna appears to be broken (the white plastic sheath is cracked and the black wire inside looks damaged (black insulation looks compromised and wire showing), and the S2 switch broke off. 2 Questions:
1) which Phantom do I have? An FC40, or a Phantom 1 (I've seen conflicting stories online); and

2) What controller do I need, and where can I get a replacement? The model number is PVT581 and the sticker on the back indicates is it 5.85Ghz (I am not feeling too good about soldering on a new antenna to the board and not sure how I'd get a new S2 switch.) Having some trouble finding one online that matches my model/specs. Would a Phantom 2 controller work with my model (is is this same one)?

Thanks for any insight.

Thank you for the response. I was hoping it was that easy. I was digging around on Amazon and Ebay before posting but was getting thrown because I wasn't finding any 5.8GHZ that specifically said they were for the FC40 or Phantom 1, but I am now understanding that doesn't matter insofar as it is a PVT581 - correct? In terms of pairing the new remote, is that as simple as it seems on some youtube videos I saw? Is a software download also necessary after pairing?

This is a cool community.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4