Need a place to start

Reaction score
I have a P3 professional, P4, and I1. I noticed that the I1 has an Hdmi out. I have a pair of Samsung Vr's which I can't see how they would work. I don't want to have to hack any of these quads up. I have no technical experience. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get some goggles?

You could go with a headmounted visor style of device that allows you to slip your phone into the end of it. Kinda Google Cardboard style , but more refined. That way you can just run the standard USB cable from the Remote Controller and plug the other end into your phone and slip your phone into the headset.

You may look like a dork and have to pull it up for line of sight flying , but it is more immersive than most goggles. Plus it does not rely on HDMI output from the controller or a tablet. Another strong point is that you are not having to use a program that breaks up the image into two different video feeds for the right and left eyes as googles do. Its all one image on the phone that you can look left or right within.

Another really great way to go is to get the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet as it has mini HDMI output. No need for the add on DJI HDMI board. (so this meets your no hack the controller requirement)
Just use that tablet and use the HDMI output from the tablet to connect to any HDMI accepting headsets or goggles.

Headplay Headsets are very popular choice and dont require fitting ones phone inside the headset.

Plus with the NVidia K1 Shield tablet there is actually a slightly faster HDMI signal that is provided by the performance tablet so that there is less latency than if one went with the DJI HDMI board.

Its a win-win.

Im exploring the phone mount in a headset option to save costs for an entry level FPV Setup.

That sounds good. I'm a little hesitant in Dremeling out the side of my Samsung vr. Maybe if I wanted to sacrifice them then maybe. I see how people use it by sliding phone in behind the hdmi port but it doesn't seem like it fits and sits out a bit on one side. I just converted over to ipads but I guess I might have to go back to Litchi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik