Need a little help guys ?

Reaction score
yesterday morning, i went flying my new p4 with my buddy's p3p and we were doing distance runs to compare...mine all stock went out to 14,174.7. his went just a hair over 13,000 , but he has the itelite antenna, carbon blades .after mine passed the 14,000 mark it went into the fail safe return home and it just turned around and came back and when it landed (2 ft from original spot) it still had 43% battery left ....so my question is why did it come back if there was all that battery left ? ...dead calm no wind...this was my first long flight to see what it could do stock....i'm very new to this hobby( 1 week old LOL) and studied and learned quite a bit so far , but long ways to go...any help guys?

Attachments

• flight log.jpg
    flight log.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 432
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Reactions: Bckmstr
ok i will go give it a try , please bare with me as newbie here and not familar with what your saying TXT flight log...

Check out my link above. It explains how to retrieve the TXT flight log.

ok so i plugged my bird into computer and apparently this computer can't find it....need to switch to another computer in the house... :-(

You don't need to plug in your bird. The TXT logs are stored on your mobile device.

yea i apparently heard him in that video wrong and did plug the bird in and nothing so figured it out , plugged my ipad mini2 into computer and waiting for it to update i guess before i can get down to business... just bought all this last friday the 8th and it already needs updating it says...lol ....working on it, s, can get r done

Nice work! All you need to do now is upload it here.

Ah, well, paste the link back here so we can take a look :)

At 4m 25.1s, your Phantom started returning home because you have Smart RTH enabled. The DJI GO app should allow you to cancel that RTH before it initiates. If you choose to cancel it, be aware that you might not have enough battery to make it home.

As for the battery, you landed with the battery at 3.7V. It's a good idea to land by the time the first battery cell reaches 3.4V (see more details here). So, your battery was nearly depleted.

so that percentage meter is useless? i should be watching volts more?

It's not completely useless. The low and critically low battery settings in the DJI GO app are triggered by the battery percentage. By default, they are set to 30% and 10%. At 30%, your Phantom will return home. At 10%, it will auto land at its current location.

As for assessing how much juice you have left for flying, you should only pay attention to the voltage. It's an accurate reading -- and, not a calculation like the battery percentage.

ok sounds good ...i went to the link that explains it, thank you very helpfull info now another ? what is that time displayed in that white oval just below all that stuff on top

what is that time displayed in that white oval just below all that stuff on top
Do you mean the "Time to Discharge" value? If so, that's how many days need to pass before your battery starts to auto discharge down to 65%. It does that to prevent itself from being stored fully charged for a long period of time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik