Need a little help / advice on what to send for repair

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been having a bit of issues with my p4 imu 2 not calibrating after many attempts so I decided to send it off for repair to Dji which they have sent a form (rma I think it's called to fill out) I've filled it out and they reply that ups will be collecting the drone which I should put a copy of the rma form and proof of purchase which I've done, the only thing I'm not too sure about do I need to send the transmitter as well or just the drone and battery? They haven't really ask for it so I was just confused on weather to send it or not. Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just send drone and rc dji has plenty of batteries

Also remove the micro sd card. If its lost somehow they will not replace it. Be sure to follow the directions on the rma. Also, make a copy of the receipt, send the copy with the p4 but keep the original with you

Also remove the micro sd card. If its lost somehow they will not replace it. Be sure to follow the directions on the rma. Also, make a copy of the receipt, send the copy with the p4 but keep the original with you

Okay great stuff I was sending the original copy [emoji85] good thing you said thanks a lot

If you want the white retail box, then don't send it in, mine just came back from DJI and they didn't send mine back, all they did was throw the drone in the styrofoam case and into a brown box with some packing paper for padding, I wanted my box if I ever sell it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you want the white retail box, then don't send it in, mine just came back from DJI and they didn't send mine back, all they did was throw the drone in the styrofoam case and into a brown box with some packing paper for padding, I wanted my box if I ever sell it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I sent it off today I put the label on the styrofoam case and put some tape over the lock so hopefully that should be ok.

Ya, they make such big deal on how you should package your equipment. But their packaging sucks. Mine came back with other stuff broke. I'm still hot bout it

Sent from my LGUK410 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Noway that's not good hopefully they sort it out for you. How long roughly did they take to send it back to you

Noway that's not good hopefully they sort it out for you. How long roughly did they take to send it back to you

My crashed P4 was shipped, inspected, repaired and returned in 18 days. 12 days were just for shipping. Here's the email they sent to me with my RMA:

"Note: Failure to complete any step below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill out and print the Customer Information Sheet attached to this email/ticket. This is required for every RMA.

2. Please include a copy of your proof of purchase. Not including your proof of purchase will automatically categorize your repair as Non-Warrantied and you will be invoiced after analysis. Please keep your original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please review the warranty terms for your product to see if you should expect an invoice or may potentially be covered by our manufacturer’s warranty: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service

4. Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries. If you do ship batteries in this condition, we are required to recycle them and cannot ship them back to you. If your battery was damaged in a crash and you would like to be considered for warranty replacement of the battery, you will need to provide proof of purchase and pictures of the damage and serial number(s) of each battery affected in the package you ship to us.

5. Please do not include any product accessories, such as batteries, propellers, chargers, tuning stands, micro SD cards, cables etc. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products.

6. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, SD cards, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.

7. Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.

Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its original hard case, packed safely inside of a cardboard box.

Once received by our North American repair facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 1-2 Weeks from the date it is checked in by our facility. On that day, you will be emailed. In the rare event that more than 1-2 Weeks have passed since your unit was checked in, please call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

Once your unit has been checked in, and you have been provided a Repair Tracking number, you can check the status of your RMA here:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

8. Include DJI care info on Customer information sheet. Be sure to include all information requested for DJI care to be applied if you have a DJI care plan including a copy of your receipt emailed back to this ticket, showing your DJI care purchase. If you need assistance in locating your crafts serial number please use the DJI care FAQs: DJI Care - Keep Flying Please provide the DJI account you used to activate your unit for Phantom, inspire, OSMO and Ronin MX.

All I sent was the drone. They got everything else there. Unless you have a issue with you RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My crashed P4 was shipped, inspected, repaired and returned in 18 days. 12 days were just for shipping. Here's the email they sent to me with my RMA:

"Note: Failure to complete any step below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill out and print the Customer Information Sheet attached to this email/ticket. This is required for every RMA.

2. Please include a copy of your proof of purchase. Not including your proof of purchase will automatically categorize your repair as Non-Warrantied and you will be invoiced after analysis. Please keep your original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please review the warranty terms for your product to see if you should expect an invoice or may potentially be covered by our manufacturer’s warranty: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service

4. Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries. If you do ship batteries in this condition, we are required to recycle them and cannot ship them back to you. If your battery was damaged in a crash and you would like to be considered for warranty replacement of the battery, you will need to provide proof of purchase and pictures of the damage and serial number(s) of each battery affected in the package you ship to us.

5. Please do not include any product accessories, such as batteries, propellers, chargers, tuning stands, micro SD cards, cables etc. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products.

6. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, SD cards, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.

7. Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.

Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its original hard case, packed safely inside of a cardboard box.

Once received by our North American repair facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 1-2 Weeks from the date it is checked in by our facility. On that day, you will be emailed. In the rare event that more than 1-2 Weeks have passed since your unit was checked in, please call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

Once your unit has been checked in, and you have been provided a Repair Tracking number, you can check the status of your RMA here:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

8. Include DJI care info on Customer information sheet. Be sure to include all information requested for DJI care to be applied if you have a DJI care plan including a copy of your receipt emailed back to this ticket, showing your DJI care purchase. If you need assistance in locating your crafts serial number please use the DJI care FAQs: DJI Care - Keep Flying Please provide the DJI account you used to activate your unit for Phantom, inspire, OSMO and Ronin MX.

I didn't bubble wrap mine [emoji85] I can't remember my email saying anything about bubble wrap I'm going to double check and see, but that's a quick turn round compare to sometime I see people have to be waiting months

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie