Need a filter wrench for the P4P

You shouldn't need a wrench. The more pressure you put on it, the hard it'll be to remove. Try gripping the filter as loosely as possible while unscrewing it. If your fingers slip, wear a rubber glove or wrap something rubber around it (e.g. a jar opener). After you remove the OEM UV filter the first time, the filters should be easier to remove.

Rubber band - not too tight.
Some duct tape - not too tight.
All 4 fingers and thumb - not too tight.

And don't apply any of these too tightly.

I used the jar opener gripper to remove the supplied filter. That thing was on tight!

It's a

SanDisk
Ultra PLUS
64GB
U1 XCI

(tried attaching a photo but I have no idea how)

I push and squeeze a little as I turn mine. Not on the threaded ring part but right on the edge near the glass part. Found that holding the ring part nips it tighter on the threads.

I was wondering if it would be ok to put a tiny dot of silicone lube on the threads to make it easier to removed the filters. I'm talking about a dot on the end of a needle.

I was wondering if it would be ok to put a tiny dot of silicone lube on the threads to make it easier to removed the filters. I'm talking about a dot on the end of a needle.
Yes, that helps a lot, but really just a few molecules, a vapour of lube indeed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers