Need a Camera Body

Reaction score
Hello Pilots. I recently purchased a used Phantom 2 Vision and ordered a few upgrade parts for it. One of the items is a lens filter mount. I went to install the new mount only to find that the previous owner had stripped 3 of the 4 screws holding the camera body together. I managed to free 2 but the 3rd isn't coming out. It's not a super loss but would like to add the lens filter adapter if I can. I don't want to go to the final stage of just drilling off the head and take the chance of damaging the threads or possibly the camera housing unless I can find a replacement.

So...If anyone has a non-working Vision camera, or wrecks their Vision with intentions of moving up to the next level rather than replacing it, I would like to purchase it from you if the price isn't too crazy. I'll post something on the Classifieds but wanted to put a plug in here as well. I don't even know if the camera housing can be replaced but would like to find out. I've searched for the housing on the net but didn’t find anything. I'm also open to advice. :geek:

Thanks!

Hello,
I recently purchased a water damaged phantom vision.
Basically all the electronics were a total loss, but I kept
The plastics, let me dig a bit, but I think I still have the camera plastics.
Taking the camera apart is pretty simple, but I would do your research,
BEFORE attempting the swap. When you get to board number 3 ( it is tricky to
Remove without breaking something. ) just take your time, and remember all parts
Will come out with little effort, so when disassembling it and something does not want to
Come out, STOP, do not force it, look CLOSELY, for hidden clipper screw. Plus, as you remove
Things from housing, lay them down in ORDER as they were removed ( with associated screws ),
Then when reassembly comes, just reverse the order, always stay ORGANIZED, and task will be fast
And easy!

I will reply as soon as I locate my spares box.

Your friend
J Dot
Take care, Fly respectfully!

btw is it the screw heads that are stripped out or is it the threads were its just turning but not coming out? them screws are also about the easiest ones to drill out if your careful. or some super glue on the very end if the hex wrench and letting the wrench sit for about 10 minutes can some times catch them enough to spin em out. You just got to be carfull not to use to much and get it on the plastic and glue the screw in place. and when turning the hex key to not put any side ways force on it and break the bond.

J Dot that would be fantastic, thank you!! Understand about order and being careful, I have an RC habbit and build/rebuild things quite a bit. The camera housing will be new territory for me but I woud imagine it will be a simple swap.

I'll be standing by

V/r

J.James, I tried all traditional methods, duct tape, rubber band, superglue and screw extractor...nothing will spin it. It's rounded pretty good. I was able to get the others with an extractor, this one wont grip. I will drill it but would like a backup housing if I can get one...just for that "OOPS!" moment.

Hello again,
Ok, I dug and found the camera plastics. You will need to use a couple things from your old camera as you take it apart.
You'll need:
1) servo screw
2) servo screw cover
3) servo insert adaptor ( plastic spline gear )
Also I only found 3 of the 4 screws , but if you are installing the lens kit, it comes with 2 longer screws, so you should be ok there. These 3 are in good shape NOT STRIPPED OUT. Here are some pics:

D6991B9C-9068-4011-A307-A9CF6EC9638D_zpsmh9j1rcr.jpg

525599A5-55C5-43BE-A427-A38AEC618053_zps6y3rvsih.jpg

94DECDA9-58BD-46FE-8BDD-8F37D1436802_zpse2hijvud.jpg

BF923C26-830F-40B2-BBE5-C586101B0F50_zpsqws7eu8u.jpg

I'm going to leave the back OFF for you can be tricky to remove without breaking it, this way you can see what it looks like, to help you take yours apart. I have most of the parts, and you are welcome to them, just send your addy to my email
[email protected]

I'll get it to you!

Your friend
J Dot
Take care, Fly safe!

J.Dot, Sending it now. Thank you!!

dirtclod, thank you for the video, I think it will come in handy

dirkclod said:
Pir8life said:

That's dirkclod :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow what are the chances.. my P2V must have come off the same chap.. if anyone else has a blown up camera they dont want I'd be happy to chuck a few quid over.

also in need of a repeater box for a mod I have in mind...again just the plastic required

Sorry to but in (my first post on here) ... cheers chaps :?:

Why thank you sir.. I have been stalking this fine forum for a while

it almost feels like home.
regards

gunslinger said:
dirkclod said:
Pir8life said:

That's dirkclod :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oops! Sorry friend. My eyes don't work like they used to. :oops:

Smegmeister said:
Wow what are the chances.. my P2V must have come off the same chap.. if anyone else has a blown up camera they dont want I'd be happy to chuck a few quid over.

also in need of a repeater box for a mod I have in mind...again just the plastic required

Sorry to but in (my first post on here) ... cheers chaps :?:

Well, if it turns out that I'm able to remove the screw by drilling it, I'll be happy to forward on the plastics to you that are on their way to me. I won't be doing the work until they get here and I've had a chance to inspect what I'm getting into. Give me some time once it gets here and I'll let you know. No quid needed. ;)

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone has the plate wifi camera, has broken me and there are no spare parts.

Attachments

• 2015-02-02 07.24.48.jpg
    2015-02-02 07.24.48.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 367
  • 2015-02-02 07.24.55.jpg
    2015-02-02 07.24.55.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 364
J Dot - The plastics arrived yesterday. I sincerely appreciate your kindess in helping me out. Awesome stuff, pilots helping pilots. I won't be able to get to the project immediately but will soon. I know one other that could use them if I end up not needing them.

Thanks again!! :D

Pir8life said:
J Dot - The plastics arrived yesterday. I sincerely appreciate your kindess in helping me out. Awesome stuff, pilots helping pilots. I won't be able to get to the project immediately but will soon. I know one other that could use them if I end up not needing them.

Thanks again!! :D

Hello sir..

Sorry been away.. oh have I missed my Phantom.

Still very much interested in your wreckage.. hehe

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers