need a bright tablet, shield dim in sunlight

Reaction score
So what android tablets are readable in the sun?
the shield works great at dawn and dusk, but I want something brighter that works well in sunlight.
What are your folks using and how is it in bright sun?

IMO, the brightest tablet screens out there are the Samsung OLED screens. My SGS5 is brighter than my buddies 6s, and my Tab S 10.5 is brighter than an Air 2.

That said, no glossy tablet screen is really going to be very good in bright sunlight. Unless you can really control the reflections (using a sunshield, while standing under a sun canopy, for example) it is always going to be hard to see.

Reactions: QuadBart
true doesn't matter which tablet sun clair will make it hard to see sunshield solves all those problems

not sure I'm much help.. But for what it worth.. I read a ton of reviews before deciding on the iPad mini2.. (weighing the cost and performance)... Well I wasn't that happy with the image... I then read that the iPad air2 had a better image on bright days... So I went ahead and bought the IPad air 2...
And ..... its not much better...

I know this sounds obvious, but I did not do it, go into the tablets settings and turn the brightness up to full.

If you find a decent sun shield for the NVIDIA Shield K1 let me know. Mine works fine outdoors now but no doubt a sun shield would help too. At the moment I just turn my back on the sun to throw a shadow over the tablet.

Oh and before anyone suggests the Hoddie its in America and I am in the UK.

I just ordered one of ebay went thru 3 for my shield and none fit right new one is made for shield slips over it

just looked they ship to uk

upload_2016-3-26_16-22-58.png
upload_2016-3-26_16-23-12.png

the shield works great at dawn and dusk, but I want something brighter that works well in sunlight.
I made a shield/hood out of the box my apple tablet came im.
HOWEVER, the best is to have a black tee shirt or beach towel to throw over your head and RC.
Thats what i do.fortunately i only fly on my property so no one to judge me and think im a terrorist or something lol.

Reactions: Wallyboy
type in shield tablet sunshade on ebay lots of them

The Nexus 7 (2013) has one of the brightest screens available. Even so, I use the stock DJI sunshield plus an anti-reflective screen protector. Using these the screen is okay even in full daylight. Unlike the Nvidia the N7 runs Marshmallow without any glitches.

don't need marsh mellow only use for bird

I ran across this. Haven't tried it. Click on Products, then select Nvidia.

hoodivision

Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr