Need a basic Drone, which one?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need a drone to do a little bit of filming of my area, preferable in real time and then I doubt I will need it again.
Which drone should I get? I'm trying to go as inexpensive as possible. Thanks

Depends on the quality you want. You can get a toy drone for under a $100 with a two magapixle camera. Get a headless mode which is easier to fly. Most are comparable. A refurbished phantom 3 standard for about$400 will give you great video/ pictures on the least expensive side from DJI.

I have a $60 dollars drone that have WiFi and live video. The quality is not great but I think it is 720p

Yeah I don't think any of them have GPS for stability like a Phantom would.

Reactions: macoman
You asked for a cheap drone. Your not gonna get a GPS drone with a bunch of advanced flight options for a couple of hundred bucks so yeah its gonna be hard to fly and if it doesn't have a gimbal you will not be happy with the video you capture. Trust me, you will not get usable video without having a gimbal on your drone. The cheapest thing your gonna get with a gimbal is gonna be an upair one for $300 on amazon. If you have a gopro hero you can get a 3dr solo for $260 and attatch your gopro to it. You would be better off paying someone to get the video for you.

But aren't those cheap drones very difficult to fly?
Make sure the cheap one has altitude stabilization, headless mode and wifi camera. You shouldn't have much problem as long as there is little or no wind. It is usually suggested to start on a toy drone before moving up to a phantom.

It is usually suggested to start on a toy drone before moving up to a phantom.
My phantom 3 standard has been my first drone and then I bought a cheap one to practice manual mode. I rather crash a $60 dollars drone than my phantom 3.

I ended up getting a used phantom 3, thanks for all the help. Hope I can learn to fly it well.

Would have been easier, cheaper, and better quality had you hired someone.

Sounds like a commercial project your working on?

Would have been easier, cheaper, and better quality had you hired someone.

Sounds like a commercial project your working on?

Yep helihover I reckon that's the best option and should be less costly than buying one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik