Need 2-3 batteries

Reaction score
I'd like to buy a few additional batteries to extend my play time and be able to do multiple flights each session.

Amazon has the stock DJI battery http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Innovations-B ... ag=fged-20 for $32.99 (free shipping for me with prime)
I am not really sure I buy that other batteries can be noticeably better but I am happy to listen. Where do you get your batteries, at what price and why?

asynchronism said:
I suspect they're all pretty similar, but for the few dollars more, I bought the OEM batteries from Amazon - the ones you're looking at. Exactly the same as what came in the box.

The next question becomes how to charge all those batteries. A few people here have recommended these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... T_60_.html

That's impressive.

What frightens me is that these batteries seem to like to catch fire, so using the contraption, not tested by any government authority doesn't seem like a good idea.

WOW though. The bang for the buck is great.

D

That's impressive.

What frightens me is that these batteries seem to like to catch fire, so using the contraption, not tested by any government authority doesn't seem like a good idea.

WOW though. The bang for the buck is great.

D

I sure wouldn't leave it unattended and anywhere near flammables... but I feel that way with any LiPo battery. Mine charge on a bare concrete floor, well away from anything. May pick one up to try out, though!

I've been using Multicharg Parallel board by 5 months. Just 1 minor issue, because I touched open circuit. Short and 1 battery dead. No explosion neither big fires here. If you follows basic rules around LiPo, they are safe.

1) Charge them OUTSIDE your home, better inside metal or ceramic containers.
2) Check them while charging (temp, smoke, ballloning, etc) because some cheap crap are defectives
3) When multicharging no mix different mah / C rating. Group by brand / model
4) After big crash or battery bumps check for scratchs, broken or surface damages. Discard instead retry using them if no good looking.
5) Carry and storage them inside LiPo Safe Bags.

It is great to have 4+ fresh full charged batteries in 30-40 minutes. You'll require a Power Supply, a Quality Charger and a Parallel board. (Total US$200 to US$300 bucks)

Gnapoleon said:

Looks great but I want to know if it will fit without any issues. I recently bought a non-stock battery and it fits, but it's really snug. I had to wrestle with it to fit and then I couldn't close the door to the battery compartment. So now that LIPO has become my test and upgrade lipo. That's why I just stick with stock....bummer.

So I ordered a couple of the Hyperion batteries ( http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-11-1v-Li ... ag=fged-20 ) and they fit well. The cable is a little longer than the OEM battery one but it's not much of a problem, you just fold it more.

Flew them a few times and I get probably about 10% longer flying time. Haven't had any issues so I recommend them! Shipping was quick from Amazon

To each his own but with Prime, I always buy on amazon. I know I can return stuff no questions asked. Rather than dealing with an unknown site.

If the phantom carry more equitments. Eg: zenmuse, gopro, video downlink.
Would I need a higher C rating battery?
I still like to fit battery inside without taping to the outside so compact size is still important for me.
Thoughts?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20