Neck Strap??

Hey Ray, care to share the link to the secraft harness? I might spend additional money to get a tray too. Thanks.

I got it from
Gator-rc.com

I got the tray, the device holder and the shoulder harness. I love it. Very comfortable carrying the moded RC with maxx panel and the amps. I Velcroed the amps to the panel.

bb5c1a2e655ccc3b392bcda374a312db_thumb.jpg

7ae0141cd8897a29144537f08c9d18b1_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I got it from
Gator-rc.com

I got the tray, the device holder and the shoulder harness. I love it. Very comfortable carrying the moded RC with maxx panel and the amps. I Velcroed the amps to the panel.

bb5c1a2e655ccc3b392bcda374a312db_thumb.jpg

7ae0141cd8897a29144537f08c9d18b1_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ray for the source. I really didn't expect the price to be that high though. I guess I was just shocked. It looks very functional. I may be able to put together a modification of my own however. I like your setup. Thanks so much.

Thanks Ray for the source. I really didn't expect the price to be that high though. I guess I was just shocked. It looks very functional. I may be able to put together a modification of my own however. I like your setup. Thanks so much.

Yea, I got a sticker shock when I saw the device holder at $149 which is not necessary if you don't use that big *** hoodman visor. The tray works really well with the maxx panel moded RC, the RC basically is held in place via a clip and doesn't budge when you move or bend over. That tray is$80 and the harness I think $39. There is another tray manufacturer at a lower price but I opted for secraft because of the stupidly expensive device holder, which to be fair works absolutely great.

Yea, I got a sticker shock when I saw the device holder at $149 which is not necessary if you don't use that big *** hoodman visor. The tray works really well with the maxx panel moded RC, the RC basically is held in place via a clip and doesn't budge when you move or bend over. That tray is$80 and the harness I think $39. There is another tray manufacturer at a lower price but I opted for secraft because of the stupidly expensive device holder, which to be fair works absolutely great.

Nice point that the RC is held in place and doesn't move. I may search out the lessor costly one or make my own. We'll see. Your input is a big help.

I just got one of these straps and spent some time trying to figure out how it went on. So I had to do some search on here and found this video above.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Many welcomes. Glad to help you both and probably-evidently others too. I am Kind of surprised Here & It baffles me, that no proper instructions of how to wear those harness style neck straps, would be included in the @dji package. Who knows, I may have struggled with mine, at first, too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hey red,
You will like it, I got a different one from secraft with the tray and device holder. I love it.
Yes, My feelings, & a very strong suspicion, you may be correct.
I already have the generic @dji neckstrap and rarely use it, to prevent cervical irritation. With this new version, the support will be awesome. A friend at www.ercha.ca RC heli field, wears a similar get up, and seems to really enjoy his. I will Definately report back here, first thing, when mine eventually arrives for pick up...

RedHotPoker

I didn't see the link to the video you found. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks X 3.
I believe, he was referring to my video above, that which I shared with you!! ;-)
Anyways, I'm sure glad you guys now have got this neck strap configuration straightened out. I would have gone on YouTube immediately, but that's only the inquisitive nature inside of me... The love of these powerful search engines. Haha

My "relief" should be here, in a NY minute. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I believe, he was referring to my video above, that which I shared with you!! ;-)
Anyways, I'm sure glad you guys now have got this neck strap configuration straightened out. I would have gone on YouTube immediately, but that's only the inquisitive nature inside of me... The love of these powerful search engines. Haha

My "relief" should be here, in a NY minute. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hey Red, I finally got to fly the other day and used the neck strap I bought a while back. You will be happy to know, I put it on the correct way and it worked quite well. You can have the right tools, but if you don't know how to use them, they still won't do you any good. Lol. I appreciate your video. It is comfortable enough where I don't need the additional pads. It distributed the weight very well. Thanks again.

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Hey Red, I finally got to fly the other day and used the neck strap I bought a while back. You will be happy to know, I put it on the correct way and it worked quite well. You can have the right tools, but if you don't know how to use them, they still won't do you any good. Lol. I appreciate your video. It is comfortable enough where I don't need the additional pads. It distributed the weight very well. Thanks again.
Ah, so you have the knack now? Haha. That was easy!! Eh?
You know, I'm really Not surprised you found comfort. As it looks like a great design without any further shoulder padding/support.
Thanks for the update and kind words. That strap surely would have gone to waste, or waist, depending how you eventually used it. ;-) I rarely use my regular @dji Neckstrap, or those that came bundled with my Spektrum RC's for that matter. The weight of my Nikon D800 with heavy glass like the 80-400mm lens is quite impossible for me to wear around my neck.
So this will be a first in a very long time!! Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl