Neck Strap??

Not sure why you couldn't adjust yours to fit your height properly, but these are very adjustable.
Perhaps watch this for some helpful suggestions.. ;-)
When I have mine, I will be able to give you direct instructions. If not, it won't leave the store, when I go to recieve it...

RedHotPoker

Not sure why you couldn't adjust yours to fit your height properly, but these are very adjustable.
Perhaps watch this for some helpful suggestions.. ;-)
When I have mine, I will be able to give you direct instructions. If not, it won't leave the store, when I go to recieve it...

RedHotPoker

Well, I stand corrected. My thinking at the time was that of course the DJI Emblem would have to go in the front. Now, I see from this video that I put it on completely backwards. The DJI (larger) larger part of the harness with the emblem goes on your back. You are a lifesaver. I can't wait to use it now and yes it is very adjustable. Thank you very much for your post. I'm "knot" good at untying "nots" either. Laughing.

Actually I thank you. Hahaha Man, you just made me laugh, and good. ;-) Backwards eh? Hehe. Yeah, I figured there was likely something you were doing, which was wrong, or misunderstood.
The pictures I posted don't show anyone wearing it, so...
Glad that you can use it comfortably now. Haha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: NRJ
Actually I thank you. Hahaha Man, you just made me laugh, and good. ;-) Backwards eh? Hehe. Yeah, I figured there was likely something you were doing, which was wrong, or misunderstood.
The pictures I posted don't show anyone wearing it, so...
Glad that you can use it comfortably now. Haha

RedHotPoker

Glad you and I hope everyone reading this got a good laugh out of it. But, even the simpler or supposedly simpler things in life can just turn us around. Have a great flight and a great day.

What surprises me, is that you never asked for any info, just assumed it fit odd, and moved on... ;-)
You would have gotten some terrible ribbing at the RC heli field I attend, if you wore your RC harness so "casually"!! Hahaha

Enjoy it to the fullest now.. Ok? Ha

RedHotPoker

What surprises me, is that you never asked for any info, just assumed it fit odd, and moved on... ;-)
You would have gotten some terrible ribbing at the RC heli field I attend, if you wore your RC harness so "casually"!! Hahaha

Enjoy it to the fullest now.. Ok? Ha

RedHotPoker

Laughing, well, I don't have a response. Just one of my dumber moments I guess. I never did wear it outside anywhere as it was not functional as far as I knew. I won't say what I thought about the overall design of the thing. So, I guess you could say I chalked it up to a design flaw. This has been several months since this happened. But, I did use the clip-on portion for use with my makeshift lanyard, but also kept the rest of it thinking that maybe it would come to good use someday. Good thing. Now I can use it as it was meant to be used. Thinking back, I'm laughing at my dumb moment.

Several months of misunderstanding? Oh my, that's an eternity. Actually this is more tragic than comical... Why didn't you request some help, on this forum or in the @dji forum? I can't imagine buying a neck strap, that sat unused, all that time... Shame.
Glad I was able to clear this up for you...
Perhaps Not Timely, but better late than never. Ha

RedHotPoker

Several months of misunderstanding? Oh my, that's an eternity. Actually this is more tragic than comical... Why didn't you request some help, on this forum or in the @dji forum? I can't imagine buying a neck strap, that sat unused, all that time... Shame.
Glad I was able to clear this up for you...
Perhaps Not Timely, but better late than never. Ha

RedHotPoker

Well, I did have my makeshift lanyard using part of the purchased lanyard which worked perfectly. So, there really was no interim. I am pretty handy in making things on my own if I have to, especially if I spent money on something that didn't work.

I am looking forward to mine arriving, and getting to use it, for the very first time. Having to wait, only gives me more time to appreciate it eventually coming... Haha
Hearing about guys buying them at Target for $6, is pretty darn awesome. For them. ;-)
Let me know how you find that strap for comfort, once you get to use it a bit, in the correct fashion. Thanks, and enjoy it.

RedHotPoker

Right off hand, I am thinking I would have liked to have some shoulder pads that are more cushy or at least wider to spread out the weight from the thin strap. But, I may be able to modify something for that. Otherwise, I'll let you know.

If you visit an outdoor outfitter store, or location that carry quality backpacks, you may find some padded shoulder strap support.
Not sure if they could be attached without some cutting and resewing of the straps. My concern has been getting proper support, transferring the weight removed from my neck, to my shoulders. This harness style should be great, with much better control of my RC and iPad Air 2 weight.
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
If you visit an outdoor outfitter store, or location that carry quality backpacks, you may find some padded shoulder strap support.
Not sure if they could be attached without some cutting and resewing of the straps. My concern has been getting proper support, transferring the weight removed from my neck, to my shoulders. This harness style should be great, with much better control of my RC and iPad Air 2 weight.
View attachment 61070

RedHotPoker

Those look really nice and supportive. Possibly if you cut a slit on each opposite side, it may have a harder time of slipping off if at all. That way you can simply slip it on and off if needed. But once on, you may be able to leave them on too. It depends on if you are putting it in your drone case. The pads may not fit as well. But I like your idea of the padded shoulder straps. I'm going to try it without additional straps first to see if I even need them.

I am thinking that you won't need any extra cushion. But then, if you want added comfort, atleast you have a better idea how to overcome uncomfortable straps, that are too narrow.
As I do leather work as a hobby, I can make my own. & any decent shoemaker could fix you up too... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I have had the Bestem Zero Gravity Harness for about a year. It has performed excellently over all types of terrain. The best harness available. You get what you paid for. Well built.

...another option (if you don't have far to go to set up) is mounting it all to a portable shelf system so there's no supporting of the control system to be done by you during flight:

uas ground station-idea and implementation_160703.jpg

...I find it gives me a lot more sensitivity on the sticks and I can rotate the whole rig in a second to keep tracking if needed - that said, I love the idea of a shelf on a harness for more remote flights and may have to look into that!

Glad you and I hope everyone reading this got a good laugh out of it. But, even the simpler or supposedly simpler things in life can just turn us around. Have a great flight and a great day.

I just got one of these straps and spent some time trying to figure out how it went on. So I had to do some search on here and found this video above.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got one of these straps and spent some time trying to figure out how it went on. So I had to do some search on here and found this video above.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't see the link to the video you found. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks X 3.

Hey red,
You will like it, I got a different one from secraft with the tray and device holder. I love it.

I will report
back, when my shoulder harness style arrives.
Much like this one, which I like too, as it takes all the weight from the RC around the shoulders, completely avoiding the tender upper spine.
JR Propo New Latest Shoulder Harness Strap - Radio Parts & Accessories - Radios & Receivers
View attachment 60960
View attachment 60962
Only this one has those awesome shoulder pads on the straps. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey red,
You will like it, I got a different one from secraft with the tray and device holder. I love it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Hey Ray, care to share the link to the secraft harness? I might spend additional money to get a tray too. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik