Neck Strap??

Thanks for the reply and good news. I look forward to picking up my new Inspire 1 harness and appreciating flying without any more of these uncomfortable arthritic neck pangs...
No, I am not complaining about getting older, as it certainly beats the alternative... Hehe

RedHotPoker

Neck pain can be serious, you are wise to take steps to eliminate it. I have four vertebrae in my neck fused. I "baby" my neck. That is why I want something other than a neck strap.

Jim

Mine should arrive in a week or so, and it will be a welcomed addition to my drone flight kit. I know once the weight has been moved to my shoulders from around the neck it will be an instant relief.
We are lucky to have multiple choices, to help find personal comfort.

RedHotPoker

I just got back from Target where I picked up the Inspire strap for $6.00.

I have a Fender (guitar) neck strap that I used for my work ID, and it works good, but could be a little longer.

Now I feel like I look like a dork, but we'll test it on the weekend to see how it performs.

I think the DJI harness strap looks cool. Besides, you can wear it under a shirt or jean jacket, if you want. Just hook up the front when ready to fly...

RedHotPoker

I just got back from Target where I picked up the Inspire strap for $6.00.

I have a Fender (guitar) neck strap that I used for my work ID, and it works good, but could be a little longer.

Now I feel like I look like a dork, but we'll test it on the weekend to see how it performs.

It does look funny. My wife gives me that smirk when I have it on..lol
Once you try it though, you will be surprised how comfortable it is.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Canada here, Target packed up & left town.
Ordered mine the same location where I bought my Phantom 3 Pro'. www.greathobbies.com

RedHotPoker

I just received my Zero Gravity RC Harness today.

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI Phantom 1/2/3/4 & Inspire

It is rock solid. I could jog with this thing without a problem. The weight is on my shoulders and the platform is attached to a waist band. The platform extends forward under the RC and extends about 1/4 inch past the front of RC stand. I attach the connector to the second hole of the tablet bracket.

Regards, Jim

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I just received my Zero Gravity RC Harness today.

Zero Gravity Remote Controller Harness System for DJI Phantom 1/2/3/4 & Inspire

It is rock solid. I could jog with this thing without a problem. The weight is on my shoulders and the platform is attached to a waist band. The platform extends forward under the RC and extends about 1/4 inch past the front of RC stand. I attach the connector to the second hole of the tablet bracket.

Regards, Jim

Sounds like it will take the weight off your neck.
Would love to see a pic if you get a chance.
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here are a couple of photos of the Zero Gravity harness. (And no, I don't fly with the antennas like shown in the photo.) The rear view looks like the harness may be pushing on my neck, but I don't feel any weight on my neck, just my shoulders.

Regards, Jim

Attachments

• IMG_5638.JPG
    IMG_5638.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_5640.JPG
    IMG_5640.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 433
Reactions: monkeychops
You may like it, but the photos aren't flattering, and it appears that a lot of weight is situated dead centre. Look at the neck photo above the strap all pushed up, compressed terribly. No thanks.
I desire a setup where no strap crosses my neck above my shoulders. So the Inspire 1 harness system should be a step in that direction. Even if it needs some personal tweaking. ;-)

RedHotPoker

You may like it, but the photos aren't flattering, and it appears that a lot of weight is situated dead centre. Look at the neck photo above the strap all pushed up, compressed terribly. No thanks.
I desire a setup where no strap crosses my neck above my shoulders. So the Inspire 1 harness system should be a step in that direction. Even if it needs some personal tweaking. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Actually there is almost no weight on my neck. It is even fairly light on my shoulders. The waist band takes most of the load. The "neck strap" just helps keep the RC level instead of tipping forward. And that is light pressure because of the platform which takes most of the weight.

Jim

Last edited:
I will report back, when my shoulder harness style arrives.
Much like this one, which I like too, as it takes all the weight from the RC around the shoulders, completely avoiding the tender upper spine.
JR Propo New Latest Shoulder Harness Strap - Radio Parts & Accessories - Radios & Receivers
View attachment 60960
View attachment 60962
Only this one has those awesome shoulder pads on the straps. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Actually, I have one very similar on the way that I bought on Ebay for $4.50 with free shipping.

Jim

Attachments

• s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 251
Maybe you could post a pic of yours, when it arrives. ;-) though it seems appropriate, I think?
That thumbnail photo is quite blurry, & I nearly fell out of my pilot's seat, trying to focus upon it. Hahaha kidding, but yeah, please share yours, when it's available for scrutiny.

There are several makes that have this basic construction, but I wonder if they all perform equally as well? Ha
I hope the one I have coming, will perform as expected. Shouldn't be a whole lot longer now...

RedHotPoker

I have the Bestem and it is awesome if you want to use a larger tablet and keep it all from tipping over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: hawkeye62
I ordered the Inspire 1 shoulder strap. ;-)
Buy Remote Controller Strap | DJI Store
View attachment 60630
Having arthritis in my neck, I figured this shoulder harness will be more comfortable.
Hopefully it arrives before too awfully long... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I was thinking the same as you because with my antenna and booster amps, my RC is now around 5 lbs. So, I bought the exact lanyard you are referring to. But, it hung way down below my waist and was not adjustable upwards. I was disappointed. So, have a large sports vest which goes around my chest and fastens with a very large velcro mechanism. I added some clamps for the DJI hooks to slip into and it is now higher to where I can see my tablet when needed. It was ridiculously low. I'm not sure of the purpose of that however.

Reactions: Clockman9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers