Nearly lost my P3A

Reaction score
I created way points in litchi only to be told to put the switch in P mode or F mode. I had it in P more and it said error.

I am flying the phantom 3 advanced

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the F mode the one where you have no signal and GPS at all. I didn't want to risk losing my drone, panicked and press RTH. here Is a snapshot of what I got and I had the switch in P mode
9bbce5af47912a541f8ec2f1f5fa6f95.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

My understanding is:

P mode is Phantom mode
F mode is Function mode
A mode is ATTI or Attitude mode

So P or F includes GPS and should work for you. A mode would be the Non GPS mode, although you'll have GPS in an RTH situation....

Disclaimer: I don't own a P4 or even a P3 :laughing:

Reactions: Neon Euc
For P3, set the switch to F mode, for P4 set the switch to P mode for using Litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For P3, set the switch to F mode, for P4 set the switch to P mode for using Litchi.

Thank you so much :) can I just ask if I am in F mode and I lose signal on the RC will the F mode still have a compass or GPS to get back to where I am as I'm planning a long mission where I will lose visual and remote control

When you are working through Litchi, all missions are loaded to phantom and RC has limited control like speed change at waypoints and taking it out of mission by switching to P mode. In case you lose connection while flying with Litchi, your P3 will continue to be on mission path and will complete it unless it sees a low voltage. Losing connection will not trigger RTH with Litchi. You might like lose video and your pulse rate might go up for a while. :)

If you abandon mission at any time, you should move to P for better control through GPS. But if you get compass error, move to ATTI mode and work manually to stabilize it.

The thing that worries me is I'm still unsure if F mode is ok to fly as I get mixed results with it having compass or GPS activated or not on what I read so far. This way point will be out of my hands as I will lose signal on the remote controller. Is is safe to use F mode as I'm worried it will be a fly away if there is no GPS or compass activated

Never fly missions if your Phantom has chances of losing GPS signals in flying area.

It's a 6 min mission at around 400 feet high going around the shopping mall
b9b45f4b60f2bbf48c903aafa86caa22.jpg

Personally I would not fly this mission, too dangerous, please think of the consequences. If you crash here you could well end up in court. We in the UK should not fly over areas with large numbers of people,eg shopping centres.
Sorry to be a bit negative, just my 2 pence worth.

It's a 6 min mission at around 400 feet high going around the shopping mall
b9b45f4b60f2bbf48c903aafa86caa22.jpg

Beware - flying over built-up areas in the UK is forbidden by the Civil Aviation Authority without a CAA permission.

Compared to some other countries such as Sweden we have pretty relaxed laws still - I just wouldn't want an incident to happen which causes the rest of us to suffer.

Apologies if said permission has already been obtained but I get the feeling that it hasn't :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Beware - flying over built-up areas in the UK is forbidden by the Civil Aviation Authority without a CAA permission.

Compared to some other countries such as Sweden we have pretty relaxed laws still - I just wouldn't want an incident to happen which causes the rest of us to suffer.

Apologies if said permission has already been obtained but I get the feeling that it hasn't :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Your right I haven't. But I thought 400 feet would be high enough not to get in the way and I don't have to worry about planes thankfully either

Your right I haven't. But I thought 400 feet would be high enough not to get in the way and I don't have to worry about planes thankfully either

If it falls out of the sky is 400 feet going to make a difference to the person that gets hit in the head?

As to the Litchi missions. Click over to F mode before you load them then click start.

If it falls out of the sky is 400 feet going to make a difference to the person that gets hit in the head?

As to the Litchi missions. Click over to F mode before you load them then click start.
Lol no matter what the height is if it falls.. It will fall [emoji12] and thanks for the tip on F mode. Feel confident to try it tomorrow now.[emoji2]

F mode DOES use GPS. Think of it this way: If it didn't, it would have no idea where the waypoints are.

F mode DOES use GPS. Think of it this way: If it didn't, it would have no idea where the waypoints are.
Thanks pharm. That makes so much sense. I turned on the drone at home and switched modes earlier on for it to say F-GPS. I feel such a doughnut for not doing that right At the start lol

Altitude has nothing to do with flying over congested areas. There should be no flying over build up areas full stop. This sort of flying will lose us the hobby.

For everyone's sake please reconsider flying these sort of missions.

Lol no matter what the height is if it falls.. It will fall [emoji12] and thanks for the tip on F mode. Feel confident to try it tomorrow now.[emoji2]

Yes that is right. No matter the height if it falls it falls. So don't fly over people. 400 feet up is not out of the way if you are above them. If you have a flyaway or battery failure it can end up bad for more than the quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan