Nearly lost it ....

Reaction score
My god! never been so scared, nearly lost my new P4 out in the River Dee last night just off West Kirby.
My fault (obviously) critical low battery, RTH and then didn't realise optical sensors switched off due to the poor light at 1930 hrs, therefore it knocked off RTH and I was down to 2% battery and it tried to land in the middle of the Dee about 300m out, finally managed to retrieve it manually when about 4m from a watery and muddy grave.... and get it back to me on 1%. So bloody scarey !!!!
A lesson (or two) learned !!!

Rgds
K+

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Yes. The other day, my AC went into auto-land at 27%. Needless to say, that battery is now retired...

Yes. The other day, my AC went into auto-land at 27%. Needless to say, that battery is now retired...

How many cycles on the battery?

I changed my battery warning to 20 percent the other day. It's going back to 30 percent.

How many cycles on the battery?
37. It was an aftermarket. Perfectly balanced cells and higher than rated mAh. I think the problem was slight swelling due which was caused because I didn't know it didn't have auto-discharge so I left it at full charge and didn't touch it for three weeks last winter. So the other day the temp went from 14 C at launch to 45C after 14 mins and then 48C the last minute as it landed.

Hi all,
I am wondering if you placed a tile on the Phantom if it would help find it. The Bluetooth Tile has a range of 30 meters and has a 90db beep if it is pinged on an app on your phone. The thing I would worry about is the Bluetooth frequency interfering with the drone - any thoughts?

Reactions: Stevie_UK
Here is an update.... I bought a packet of 4 Tiles. I put one on my P4 and did a fly around to make sure there was no interference. I landed it and shut down the P4. I opened the Tile app and pressed find my tile. It played a tune and I could easily hear it from around 20 meters away. Once i walked out of range it still seemed to detect the tile in the area but couldn't make it chime. When I walked further away needless to say the signal was lost.
I am pretty happy with the result as I know that I could get within range from a GPS location.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik