Nearly Lost It...

No problem, Under advanced>Sensors>

I went out again to try calibrate the compass and no joy, the second I would finish it would flash red and the same warning of electromagnetic would come up..

Also looked for sensors under advance settings and could not find it so it's going back to the shop I bought if off in the morning... Said they will have a look at it and maybe need to reset it and firmware so hopefully I'll know by Thursday..

So my compass has got magnetised , it should read between 1400 to 1500 units , mine is now reading 300 units so something has upset it...

It's back with the shop I bought it off to try fix it..

"I got chatting to a lad that was flying his P2 and he came with me and had a look at mine, we get it up and then it connected..."

I'M CALLING THE POLICE!!!

So my first flight with my P3P went perfect and i got some great pics but my second flight not so good and im hoping someone can tell me why as i dont have the confidence to fly at the mo...

So i was at a track day at Mondello Race Track here in Ireland and when i got there i walked about .5 of a kilometre away from the track and all metal objects and went to set it up. When i set it up it was getting some message about a Magnetic Interference so i calibrated the compass a couple times turned it off and back on and it did nothing so packed up and went back to the track..

About an hour later i see a couple of Phantom 2's flying around so i take mine out and try again to set it up, this time it i was not getting the Magnetic Interference but it would connect for 3 to 4 seconds saying safe to fly and then disconnect again from the GPS, waited for a few mins and this kept happening so yet again i packed up..

I got chatting to a lad that was flying his P2 and he came with me and had a look at mine, we get it up and then it connected and said safe to fly, we left it for about 3 to 4 minutes just to make sure and took off. I took it about 20 foot up and let it hover for a minute or 2 and everything on screen was perfect... So i went to fly around one of the corners but for whatever reason no matter what direction i put the sticks the drone would only fly away from me even if i hit RTH it would start to fly away from me, at this point it had drifted about 100 foot away and no matter what i control it hit it would keep gong in the same direction... My only option was to fly it over the track to the car park and hope when it died it would land safely.. So i ran across the track but luckily enough when i got over it reconnected and i would bring it down and caught it.. Now when i was not hitting any controls it would happily sit in the same spot with GPS locked it a bit of a breeze it was just no matter what control i hit it was only going in 1 direction..

Now im pretty new to this but the lad that was with me took the controls also and and with me and he said he never experienced this and he has had numerous types of drones and always flew a Phantom.. Is there a way for me to check my flight log to see what happened to see if there is something wrong with my drone or was it user error??

Thanks

I suspect someone at the track had a GoPro w/wifi on. Racetracks are tough places to fly because of all the folks using GoPros. Drivers like to use wifi remotes to turn on/off cameras and those wifi units raise havok w/DJI equipment.

Ok so I did the recalibrate on the RC and the drone and went to a place where I walk the dog, now there is not a house or a piece of metal for at least a mile and I'm still getting this warning???

Maybe I need to contact the crowd I got it from and see what they say...

OP clearly has balls of steel.

SCNR ☺ Hope you figure it out. I once got the stupid idea to start off th top of my car...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj