Near miss: severe FPV lag

Reaction score
today I was flying my P3a at Malibu beach using the FPV camera APP with the VR goggles. I have done this maybe 30 times with no issues. I know most of you guys use litchi or DJI Go but I enjoy the FPV app with goggles so hopefully I can get some insight.

I flew about 1500ft away offshore, had 100% video and 100% control signal according to the telemetry on the FPV app. Suddenly, the video feed became very lagging and got to the point where it would lag 1 min behind literally. I was unable to fly it home so I was forced to RTH using the controller button. fortunately the bird came back, I cancelled the RTH when it got close enough. still noticing the severe video lag. control was perfect. I hand landed and shut off the bird. even 3 minutes later the FPV app was showing footage that occurred 3 minutes ago after the bird was shut off. I don't know if this was a one time glitch but it was practically unflyable and dangerous.

any insights.

I should add that during the flight, my wife stood directl infront of my antenna and windsurfer trying to find shade. (dumb I know) and that's when it all went bad. it was never able to recover after that even after she moved. She only blocked it for about 10 seconds, not sure if this is related.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj