Near disaster- warning on running Waypoints w/o a device barometer

Ok, I managed to screen record the flight. I had to upload the record to the cloud then sync with my iPhone6+ still running the Pilot app. The telemetry data is still accurate and same as DJI Go. My iPad mini3 is running ios9, so SHOU doesn't work on it- thus the aforementioned workaround.
Looks like the bird hit the lower limit on altitude (10M), and stopped updating with a lower value as it kept descending. This still doesn't explain why it went to lower altitude than my flight plan, but is within the 10ft margin of error mentioned by Meta....
Any thoughts? I think I'll just keep playing with AutoPilot b4 I screw things up [emoji12]

This still doesn't explain why it went to lower altitude than my flight plan, but is within the 10ft margin of error mentioned by Meta....
I didn't mention any 10ft margin of error and I'm not sure why your Phantom did that.
A Phantom 3 normally holds altitude very well .. within inches, not 10 feet.
Whatever the issue was, it's not related to your tablet.

I concur... the tablet has nothing to do with the bird's altitude. Could you re-calibrate and try it again in the same location and as close to the same waypoints as before and see if it repeats after calibration? That would be the way I would troubleshoot it. I'd run the same course again, without calibrating and again after and see what the results show.

How in the world did you manage to post 240 video from a P3? Are you sure you weren't flying your Banggood Phantom look-a-like

Ok, I managed to screen record the flight. I had to upload the record to the cloud then sync with my iPhone6+ still running the Pilot app. The telemetry data is still accurate and same as DJI Go. My iPad mini3 is running ios9, so SHOU doesn't work on it- thus the aforementioned workaround.
Looks like the bird hit the lower limit on altitude (10M), and stopped updating with a lower value as it kept descending. This still doesn't explain why it went to lower altitude than my flight plan, but is within the 10ft margin of error mentioned by Meta....
Any thoughts? I think I'll just keep playing with AutoPilot b4 I screw things up [emoji12]
may be u can contact the DJI support and show them the flight log.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20