Near Crash with P3P and -100 altitude

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was flying my P3P and it nearly crashed straight into the ground from an altitude of about 100ft. It was in P mode when all of a sudden it shoots off to the wrong direction while rapidly losing altitude angled at what looked like 90 degrees.

Checking the flight logs shows the rapid descent from 100ft within the first few seconds, but the weird part is that it even dropped to showing up to about -100ft. I did not touch the ground.

At first, I thought it was a compass calibration problem, but now I'm not so sure after seeing the flight logs. Does the compass calibration have anything to do with maintaining altitude or staying level? I brought it down and let it hover for the rest of the battery while watching the compass values. The mod values ranged from 1400 something to 1500.

I flipped to ATTI mode after seeing the rapid descent and it stabilized and I was able to regain altitude. I'm not sure if it stabilized due to a result of the mode switch or if it was just coincidental.

Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1