Near collision with military hellicopter

That's the coolest app! Amazing. Thanks!

I bought it to keep tabs on the LAPD heli that flies around. Whereas sometimes you see the choppers, they mostly doesn't show up. Not reliable for that.

But airliners for the most part are pretty real time. So now I mostly use it for airline plane spotting.

If you were flying at the coast in Newport Beach you had to be within 5 miles of John Wayne Airport. Secondly, as reported here aircraft can and often do fly very low over the water so you really need to have your head on a swivel and your aircraft in your line of site.

The jettys in Corona Del Mar are outside the 5 mile radius of JWA.

Could someone please tell me what the large circle surrounding Los Alamitos is called on the sectional? It looks like the face of a Timex watch with regular hash marks. And therefore, after Monday 8/29 , can a 107 drone pilot fly inside it? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could someone please tell me what the large circle surrounding Los Alamitos is called on the sectional? It looks like the face of a Timex watch with regular hash marks. And therefore, after Monday 8/29 , can a 107 drone pilot fly inside it?
If you mean things that look like this:
i-W9qSfrb-L.jpg

It's a compass rose based on the beacon in the centre to allow for course plotting and navigation

Being a pilot also I've always felt drones should have lights (strobe, etc) visible from above, sides, to help manned ac see us. Lights on the bottom are only good for the operator on the ground. Pilots are taught to scan for other ac but spotting a drone at a distant would have to be difficult unless mounted with a strobe, anyone know of miniature, lite units?

Last edited:
Reactions: erikgraham

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic