NDJ6 V2 doesn't respond to S1 switching to calibrate

Reaction score
I am a noob, but have done tiring amounts of research on all aspects of the Phantom 2. I am stuck on why my NDJ6 will not switch to calibrate mode when switching the S1 switch up and down endlessly. I have done it 20+ times over and over with no luck. I watched the videos, rear the write-ups, etc.

I installed newest firmware, the lights are all green across the board on the remote itself. I just can't get it to go into the yellow mode to finish the calibration process. The thing hasn't been crashed and the compass seems fine. Can anyone help me?

I am a noob, but have done tiring amounts of research on all aspects of the Phantom 2. I am stuck on why my NDJ6 will not switch to calibrate mode when switching the S1 switch up and down endlessly. I have done it 20+ times over and over with no luck. I watched the videos, rear the write-ups, etc.

I installed newest firmware, the lights are all green across the board on the remote itself. I just can't get it to go into the yellow mode to finish the calibration process. The thing hasn't been crashed and the compass seems fine. Can anyone help me?

Plug your P2 up to the software and go into the basic tab with RC turned on and under RC see if S1 (U slider) is even working.

Reactions: Mako79
By the way S1 is the one on the right side.

It's working, but no where does it say anything about gps. It just switches between normal and fail safe options. Should I have a GPS option? My rig clearly has a connected compass and it's in perfect shape. I am going to open up the unit and make sure it's wired right internally. Am I doing something wrong?

I got that much. I should also mention that I have a steady slow blinking yellow light at all times.

Are trying to do this in the house?

No, I was in the park earlier and now I am trying out in my street.

Did you check S1 in the software to make sure is was working?

Did you check S1 in the software to make sure is was working?
I did and it is. I think it's something with the GPS. It's now flashing green, but will also start flashing red. In the App under upgrade it has -.-.-.- in the loader for GPS, Hardware ID is 6.1.1.2, and Firmware is 6.0.1.4. It doesn't say anything in the upgrade area in blue like it does for every other section. Is this all normal?

I did and it is. I think it's something with the GPS. It's now flashing green, but will also start flashing red. In the App under upgrade it has -.-.-.- in the loader for GPS, Hardware ID is 6.1.1.2, and Firmware is 6.0.1.4. It doesn't say anything in the upgrade area in blue like it does for every other section. Is this all normal?

How about the gimbal is the firmware 1.0.0.12?

No gimbal.

Sorry for the delay but I was helping another member on the phone at the same time.

Have you registered with DJI? You will need to in order to get the software update for the gimbal. That is a zenmuse gimbal is it not? Also what firmware does it say you have?

No gimbal.

When asked what firmware you had I meant the main controller firmware. Don't upload any updates at this time.

When you said no gimbal was the RC unit turned on.

When asked what firmware you had I meant the main controller firmware. Don't upload any updates at this time.

When you said no gimbal was the RC unit turned on.
I updated to latest firmware yesterday. That's why I wanted to calibrate everything. I don't have a gimbal on my rig. I just was flying the copter for now. I ordered the gimbal and it's on it's way...

I got that much. I should also mention that I have a steady slow blinking yellow light at all times.

Ok so you have slow blinking yellow so do the 360° horizontal and it should go then do the vertical and you should get a flashing green and when you have 6 or satellites a slow flashing green your good to go.

Instead of dragging things out it would have much quicker if you mention you had a barebones P2. You would also be better off doing the compass calibration on the lawn rather then in the street then once completed put it out in a clearing to takeoff. One more thing it is not necessary to calibrate the compass every time you fly. If you modify, add new equipment or crash you should do an IMU cal and the a compass cal.

I did it in a field. I cannot even get the controller to turn yellow. I didn't know it mattered or I would have noted. I noticed it blinks green then red three times also. It never gives me any GPS info in the app.

I did it in a field. I cannot even get the controller to turn yellow. I didn't know it mattered or I would have noted. I noticed it blinks green then red three times also. It never gives me any GPS info in the app.

Do you have a camera attached ??

If this is a P2 non vision quad and you have no camera attached how in the world do you expect to see a satellite count on an app. Look to be perfectly honest with you you really need to read the user's manual a few time because you simply do not have a clue as to how this equipment works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers