ND Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently shot with the Phantom 2 go pro + with the Polar ND and without the filter exactly the same scene to test it.
In post i did a wipe to compare both shots. I noticed that the shot with the ND was softer compared to no nd filter with looked sharper. Of course the ND reduces the shutter speed making the image softer and reducing the jello effect. I decided not to use the ND because i was happier with the sharper image and the results were better. Yes i did see some very minor jello only on a few shots, but in most of them i did not see it any jello. I shoot raw, 2.7K, protune, low sharpness and do the post on premiere which gives you a big range in every aspect of the video to play with.
What bothers me sometimes is the propeller shadows when shooting towards sun. Has anyone or company develop a lens hood for the go pro? I do work it around not to get, but sometimes you can't tell by watching the monitor because of the interference.

Are most experts using the ND or not? Do you rather sacrifice sharpness than a bit of jello in your image? Would like to hear your opinions. I am new to this forum so if this has been discuss before i apologize.
thanks,

luis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues