ND filters and the gimbal

Reaction score
I've searched here and elsewhere and read a lot about the advantages of using ND filters while flying, especially on bright, sunny days. But there is not a lot of info available about anyone doing this successfully. There are posts saying it works, if you balance the new weight with something like BlueTac on the back of the camera, reports saying it will burn out the gimbal motor, and links to videos of various DIY options (that look like poor solutions, from an optical point of view).

I just ordered both the PolarPro naked ND filter and the SnakeRiver Blurfix micro ND filters and plan to try them out.

Anyone want to comment about why I should or shouldn't feel comfortable doing this? The thing I worry about the most is it seeming to work just fine, but then leaving me with a dead gimbal a few flights later.

For the record, I have a slip on ND filter for my gopro and my goodluckbuy gimbal (running GCS 2.0 ) does not waver or jump unless it is in an extreme climb, yaw, or dive- and not always in those circumstances as well.

I cannot speak to any other set up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4