ND filter

trying to figure out what filters for what situations

Filter-Use-Chart.png

Above chart doesn't work with taco-RC filters, may be they have different stops for same ND

There is no way for me to check if ND 16 of my filter is really a 4 Stop filter. So all goes by trial and error. If I'm getting higher shutter speed to get the right exposure, I should go for higher ND.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom-Four
Everything over ND16 is way to dark IMO. Maybe people dont edit videos for youtube but I hate to see sunny day and the trees are dark and ND32 makes it like it is cloudy outside. I really dont understand how people like to see all those dark videos. I bought ND4 and I will buy ND8 and thats it.

Just comparing those ND videos and GoPro professional videos, cannot compare it with those vivid live colors from GoPro.

I'm considering buying a an Anbee ND16 filter. They seem to be ok. Anyone have any experience with these? I figure, ND16 is a good choice for now. It's always bright around Georgia, but also always partly cloudy.

I'm considering buying a an Anbee ND16 filter. They seem to be ok. Anyone have any experience with these?
The quality is nearly identical to the OEM DJI filters.

I really dislike those original screw-on type of filters. They should make glass snap on filters with rubber ring and glass filter lens, motors wont die because of 3-4 extra grams and it will be A LOT more convinient when we go out and need to see which filters to use that day or even if we want to go without any filter.

I wanted to buy that screw on filters and then I realised that some days I want to just fly and see bright FPV and some days I want to shoot video. So for me only snap on type is the way to go.

Someone here is selling those but I cant find who, any link ?

I know but every time unscrew original and screw filter etc. And then the dust comes inside so unsrew it, clean and screw it. Threads wearing. I just dont like that concept, I like those high quality snap on types.

I know but every time unscrew original and screw filter etc. And then the dust comes inside so unsrew it, clean and screw it. Threads wearing. I just dont like that concept, I like those high quality snap on types.

Get a variable filter. Then you can adjust it. I also think you can find slip-on ones.

I have the same problem, what are you suppose to do use vice grips!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Now then .... I can offer great advice that was passed to me. I had the same problem trying to remove the lens cover. I used the force of 10 men, it wouldn't budge, I called the SAS ... still not for moving, I gave the Hulk a good winding up but even he still couldnt move it.

Turns out donning a Marigold rubber glove (other manufacturers of rubber gloves are available) and with no grip force at all gently turn .... it came off like butter! You could have pushed me over with a feather. If you don't have a rubber glove use a rubber band. No grippy grippy....just twisty twisty

Phil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic