ND filter

Recently I ordered the Polar Pro 3 pack, then realized their was a 6 pack set.
It's available on Amazon. Currently, you can also get 15% off if you buy directly from PolarProFilters.com. An offer will display at the top of the website.

A good trick to remove lens is to use the tool what come with drone to hold motors for fitting and removal, it has a nice soft rubber in it and grips great not sure if they always supplied same tool or just on the newer motors

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
A+ tip this. Effortless with this tool.
This is what it looks like and comes with the Phantom 3 Pro (again, not sure if it's only the newer batches
yuneec-motor-holder-prop-installation-tool-q500-9a7.jpg

Unfortunately, my Polar Pro 3-pack has a substantial amount of glue on the one filter, and it doesn't screw in flush with the P3 camera like the stock UV filter does, with a noticeable gap.

The other two filters seem to screw in better, however the quality control is also questionable with noticeable glue blobs.

Reactions: arizeda
Thank msinger. The store I bought it from is sending their courier to come and collect.

Here is what I'm talking about:

91a863a5fb95b70f6ae0c7f2f27a6f48.jpg

62eb787be44e02afa50dce75c0ba3967.jpg

707dc47cbee77ad24ef828052caad54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DJI ND16 I received was scratched on the inside of the lens so will be going back for exchange...

The DJI ND16 I received was scratched on the inside of the lens so will be going back for exchange...
Apart from the scratch were you happy with the filter? In terms of build quality. And did you manage to test it out?

I'm looking at DJI filters now as this put me off the Polar Pro a bit and I don't have the patience to send another one back. If i was dealing directly with Polar Pro maybe it would be a different story.

That's how my Polar Pro filters look too. It appears to be as-designed.

P3-Polar-Pro-Lens-Gap.JPG

That's how my Polar Pro filters look too. It appears to be as-designed.
Ok well good to know at least. Thanks for the pic

The others screwed in much better (ND4 and PL), but they also has less noticeable glue on the inside.

but they also has less noticeable glue on the inside
All should be fine as long as the filter is fully seated. You could certainly confirm that though by shooting some video/photos and checking if you can see the filter in the corners of the video.

Apart from the scratch were you happy with the filter? In terms of build quality. And did you manage to test it out?

I'm looking at DJI filters now as this put me off the Polar Pro a bit and I don't have the patience to send another one back. If i was dealing directly with Polar Pro maybe it would be a different story.

Nope, didn't try it out, I'm a bit pedantic about things like scratches so after confirming it wouldn't wipe off sent it back. Build seemed ok.

Nope, didn't try it out, I'm a bit pedantic about things like scratches so after confirming it wouldn't wipe off sent it back. Build seemed ok.
Exactly the reason I'm returning the Polar Pro's. Will keep an eye out for scratches on the DJI filter.

Thanks

Same here - bought directly from PolarPro.
I initially had a problem with a couple of the filters (excessive glue as well as a couple spots along the edges were damaged) and they were very quick in rectifying the situation by sending me replacement filters. They also sent me an ND4 "for my inconvenience". Top notch customer support. I'd also say for those whose filters don't thread on properly (not seated flush against the lens housing), reach out to PolarPro and let them know about the issue. It might be a known issue with a production batch.

I have the Taco Rc set. They work nicely ..

I admit I don't have anything to compare them to.. They work.
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm not satisfied with Tacho RC workmanship. All filters I received had deep fingerprints. Never seen fingerprints on any other new lenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic