ND Filter?

Reaction score
Hi,
I've heard a lot of talk on here about ND Filters. I've looked them up and sort of understand what they do. I was just wondering though what the different grades mean (ND3,4,5,8 etc.). I think I'll get one but don't want to get the wrong one. I tend to only film on bright sunny days.
Many thanks

The higher the number, the more light it'll block out. You'll want an 8 and 16 for normal daylight conditions. A 32 will be a must-have too if film in locations where it's extremely bright during the day.

You can find a list of available lens filters here. My recommendation would be the screw on filters -- DJI, Polar Pro, or TACO-RC.

Reactions: Cyclone and pchin2
Last edited:
I use them when shooting video.

Wouldn't you also be interested if people were NOT using them...wouldn't that inform you as well? What if some folks were sometimes using them, but other times not...would that interest you?
Yes, it absolutely would interest me.

Reactions: Tricky
Wouldn't you also be interested if people were NOT using them...wouldn't that inform you as well? What if some folks were sometimes using them, but other times not...would that interest you?
Very good. I would also like to know if people are using their RC while flying? Also who is flying without using their RC.
IZ.

Reactions: Oso
I have the polar pro set and use the polarized one for shooting over water to reduce glare, especially on sunny days. Other than that, I use the stock filter and it is all I really need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav