ND Filter review

I haven't tried those, but I have a set of the Ditzler Photo filters (which are very similar). They work just fine, but are hard to handle without getting them dirty. Once dirty, they are not as easy to clean as glass filters.

Ditzler Photo has a new version coming out soon that are easy to handle without touching the part of the filter that covers the camera lens. If you're set on buying gel filters and can wait a week or so, then I'd suggest you try Ditzler's new version when it comes out.

I haven't tried those, but I have a set of the Ditzler Photo filters (which are very similar). They work just fine, but are hard to handle without getting them dirty. Once dirty, they are not as easy to clean as glass filters.

Ditzler Photo has a new version coming out soon that are easy to handle without touching the part of the filter that covers the camera lens. If you're set on buying gel filters and can wait a week or so, then I'd suggest you try Ditzler's new version when it comes out.

I like their concept bc I rather not screw anything off at all I wonder what's the difference in their new product vs what they are selling now. Do you happen to know what the ND number is on the filters he's selling? Also how many filters do they come with?

They don't screw on. See the video about half way down the page here for the answers to all of your questions.

They don't screw on. See the video about half way down the page here for the answers to all of your questions.
Sorry for the confusion. I know these don't screw on/off I was indicating that I prefer not to screw anything off if I don't have too. I was going to purchase the ones from phantom filters, I'm leaning towards those but these a member above showed me the Ditzer ones and I was saying I wondering what's going to be different with the new ones they develop vs the ones they already have. The ones from SRC and Polar are nice but not what I want to spend if I don't have to bc I'm just flying for fun, not making money or starting a business. $40 and under is reasonable, what do you recommend

wondering what's going to be different with the new ones they develop vs the ones they already have
They have tabs on them to hold them.

unnamed.jpg

So I emailed the guy via eBay and haven't received a response yet is there a faster way to get in touch with Ditzer?

To clear up some confusion - Yes everyone that ordered off of eBay this week gets the new version. I really like it and everyone that I've shown it to loves it.

New Features:
  • Much easier to install and remove filters
  • Much easier to keep them clean and clean them
  • Filters are now marked so no guessing on the density
  • New ring to hold filters on is more secure and rigid
  • Every ring included in kits are tested for fit on my Phantom 3 before shipping
  • New packaging makes it easier to remove and store filters
  • Patent pending
  • 100% guarantee for 30 days for full refund
I also am working on my own website so I can offer replacement filters and more information than I can post on eBay.

Here are some quick photos to show you what I've been up to.

New ring that holds filters has a notch to allow the new design. It is wider to grip better on the Phantom and also make it easier to remove and install.

image.jpg

Finger prints stay on tab not on the filter, see below. Note all filters now have labeling on the tab to show the density of the filter.

image.jpg

New packaging for the filters makes it easy to pull them out by the tab with just your fingers. No longer do you have to touch the filter material. Also they are now all labeled so there is no guessing as to what filter is what. Want it 4 stops darker? Just stack a 1 and a 3 together.

Also if you do get the filter dirty hold onto it with the tab while you clean it. Every kit ships with multiple filters of every density.

image.jpg

I will report back when they are "officially" up but for now you can order them on eBay and they will ship with the new design.

thank you
-david

Reactions: phantomlova
NOTE: to the 450+ people that have already ordered the previous version from me, I will be sending out an email within the week for a 50% off coupon for the new version through my website.

I REALLY appreciate all the support and I want to make sure you all have the best version. I wanted to send that out first before it was officially announced.

Thanks again
-david

I have a 15% off Cyber Monday sale today only. Use code: CyberMonday on checkout. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Will you take them back if we find quality issues? :)

We need ND 8, 16 and 32 in triple pack.

Rosco complete filter set costs only $3.5.

Last edited:
Yes there is a 30 day money back guarantee. If you don't like them send them back for full refund.

I offer the following grades.
- Rosco 3-stop (ND8) filters, 31mm diameter with tab
- Rosco 2-stop (ND4) filters, 31mm diameter with tab
- Rosco 1-stop (ND2) filters, 31mm diameter with tab

If you want an ND16 then you can get that by stacking one 3-stop filter and a 1-stop filter, shown on left below. For ND32 stack a 2 and a 3. If Roscoe offered darker film I would be happy to sell them but they don't.

image.jpg

Absolutely you can get a sample swatch pack of filters from Roscoe but you would also have to pay for shipping and cut them down and you would still need multiple filters to get a to an ND16 or ND32 and figure out how to attach them to the camera or cut them to fit inside the removable glass filter (P3 Advanced and Professional only). You would also probably need to buy two swatch packs to get enough filters. Also the swatch packs I've gotten before as samples had some scratches on them. Good for determining what filter you wanted but not recommended to put on your P3.

Below is an example of SOME of the filters I rejected because of quality in just the last few months. I stopped buying from the authorized Roscoe dealer in Chicago because I had gotten 3 bad batches of filters. I also lost 3 shipments due to UPS. I now order in large rolls and throw out the first few layers due to damage.

image.jpg

If you are not happy with them for ANY reason you can send them back for a full refund. If you want to try to save a few bucks by ordering the sample swatch books then go ahead, you might get a great pack and it might work out fine.

Thanks again for the feedback.

cheers
-david

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl