ND Filter ~ I know it's probably been beat to death

Reaction score
I've used the search option and scoured many threads on the subject.. but I still can't find a definitive answer/choice as to what filters to buy for my Phantom 3 Standard. Looks like a lot of kits are for the pro/adv.

I also don't like the idea of adding stress to the gimbal with added weight. I did find this kit, which intrigued me because it looks light, but unfortunately they're out of stock. I called the guy and he said he hopes to have some for sale online in a week or so.

3-Pack Neutral Density Filter Kit for DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Drone

Any tips or suggestions for filters for a P3S? TIA and sorry for beating a dead horse.

Little more expensive but PolarPro is top of the line filters. https://amzn.com/B017BCM0NY
Just be careful on amazon. There can be several different selections on the same page, that will work for different models. The link should take you to the push on standard filters.

I use polar pro. They are snug on my camera. I would recommend them. You get what you pay for. My one gripe is that in higher winds and gusts, the gimbal struggles maintain level (I assume because of the weight) and can have moments (fraction of a second) where the arm jerks to the side. I fly without the covers and it's fine, put them on and it happens, take them off and it's gone. Just one of those things for the Standard I think.

There is a known issue I've seen on other threads so I'll put it out there: some people have issues with very loose fitting filters on the P3S. The lens' come with foam wedges to snug up the fit if this is the case. Apparently (this is the part I have difficulty with) the metal enclosure for the camera on the P3S is not consistent across individual units and that is why polar pro adds the foam wedges in the packaging. FYI. I don't think this is a common occurrence, but if it were mine I'd be vocal about it too.

Polar Pro hands down. Both the ND and ND/PL filters are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have newer ones and the polar pro ones and they both work the same. I like both but use the newer ones more. They both make the gimbal point down till you start the p3s. I usually hold the bird up in the air to start then put on the ground to start motors. The polar pros do fit snug but after some use they loose that and I had to put a little piece around the inside so they fit snug again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik