nd filter adapter

Reaction score
I was wondering is there an adapter that allows me to use an ND filter for a P3P or P3A with my P3S. I was looking at ND filters on amazon but theres basicly nothing above ND 8 that fit the standard. Also does anyone recommend an ND 2-400 variable filter as I was looking at one of those too.

Thanks

You just read my mind, was just looking for the exact same thing just now. Haven't found anything, but if I do I will post back. It makes sense to be able to use the same filters on the standard and adv/pro

Ahh sorry. Jumped the gun! Your looking for a adapter. Apologies to the forum gods..

If you're thinking at a slip-on adapter that would allow you to install the threaded filters for the P3P, just be careful about the overall weight of such setup. I recently looked into this as I wanted to buy ND filters for my P3S and I read quite a few reports of gimbal issues caused by heavy filters. For that reason, I went for the DitzCo gel filters, which are the lightest you can get. I haven't used them yet, so I can't say more about them, but people who bought them were quite happy (they are easier to scratch than glass filters, but the new version comes with tabs to help you handle them).

I also have the DitzCo filter set ordered, I currently have the Neewer slip-on set for my p3s and yesterday I took it to work to see how much It weighed. The slip on adapter weighed 3.5g, nd8 filter 5.4g, nd4 5.2g and the uv filter I bought to add to the set was 7.7g, now I know why the gimbal got hot when I used the uv filter to try it out....

Just wanted to share what I just got from amazon. I already have the ND 8 and nd4 but I was able to find these for pretty cheap and I used once so far and seemed very good. They just slide right on. There ND 16,nd32,and nd64 . I'll probably throw a little tape on the inside to give a little bit more of a snug fit but you probably don't need to. I'm hoping to use when very bright out cause the nd8 just isn't cutting it during the middle of the day sun. From your question not to sure if you can get a adapter but your probably just better off getting a set that does work for standard. Like what someone else said about the weight. If you do find one it will be a lot of extra weight and might not be worth it.

Amazon.com: 3 Piece Filter Kit (ND16-ND32-ND64) for DJI Phantom 3 4K,DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, DJI Phantom 4 Quad-copters: Camera & Photo

Reactions: mikep2323

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl