ND 32 filter

Many people new to filters don't know that ND filters are only used for video only to create motion blur for a more cinematic effect. Keep that in mind. I use my ND16 and ND32 the most, I almost never use my ND4.

Uhhh really? That's new as I have using filters for years to take long exposure where I might want to smooth out a choppy sea, or pull clouds across a windy sky, or make the water on a fast moving stream look smooth and creamy. You can do most if not all of the techniques I mentioned without filters if you know how to use ISO, apertures, and shutter speeds. I think you maybe do not quite understand the additional uses of filters in photography.

I included 3 images. Which one was taken with the filter? Hint: 2 out of three were taken handheld.

Attachments

• Moving Bike.jpg
    Moving Bike.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Moving Clouds.jpg
    Moving Clouds.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 293
  • Momving Water.jpg
    Momving Water.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Uhhh really? That's new as I have using filters for years to take long exposure where I might want to smooth out a choppy sea, or pull clouds across a windy sky, or make the water on a fast moving stream look smooth and creamy. You can do most if not all of the techniques I mentioned without filters if you know how to use ISO, apertures, and shutter speeds. I think you maybe do not quite understand the additional uses of filters in photography.

I included 3 images. Which one was taken with the filter? Hint: 2 out of three were taken handheld.
OK, I should have been more clear, should have said people new to Aerial Photography..... Yes ND filters for Ground work photos are invaluable, not so much on a drifting / blowing / vibrating drone.

OK, I should have been more clear, should have said people new to Aerial Photography..... Yes ND filters for Ground work photos are invaluable, not so much on a drifting / blowing / vibrating drone.

Agreed. I usually use them when flying parallel to sun or if it's exceptionally bright outside. When shooting at night you want as much light as possible without pushing the (ISO) on an already not designed for low light filter.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Get the Polar Pro cinema series and you'll love them. 16, 32 and a 64. You'll also need an 8 for cloudier days too.

Reactions: Trinimon
Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.