NC 'drone' law

You'd have to establish 'surveillance'.
(n): close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.

If you aren't fixated on specific people or property, that would be my argument.

I've mostly been using my V+ for real estate work, so I'm tentatively happy about the law...

sur·veil·lance
close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.
"he found himself put under surveillance by military intelligence"
synonyms: observation, scrutiny, watch, view, inspection, supervision; More

i THINK the key word here is surveillance. If you are flying along shooting general footage, its not surveillance. If you stop over someone's home, point the camera and look around at a particular property or person, well, that's not neighborly and in NC, you might be up the creek.

DrJoe said:
sur·veil·lance
close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.
"he found himself put under surveillance by military intelligence"
synonyms: observation, scrutiny, watch, view, inspection, supervision; More

i THINK the key word here is surveillance. If you are flying along shooting general footage, its not surveillance. If you stop over someone's home, point the camera and look around at a particular property or person, well, that's not neighborly and in NC, you might be up the creek.

I know what the word surveillance means...

However, my concern is that my definition and yours might not be the same as Websters.... And so, if its open to interpretation by some super liberal cop or judge, then it becomes a slippery slope.

Black's Law (generally identified as the de facto source for legal terms) defines surveillance as:
Observation and collection of data to provide evidence for a purpose.

So the interpretation might not be on 'surveillance' itself, but rather if a 'purpose' can be established.
If I'm taking a picture or video and you happen to be incidentally in the shot, I'm not recording you for any evidence or purpose; your presence there is inconsequential. That's how I would hope anyone innocently trapped in this situation would approach it.

tpallred said:
Morgon said:
tpallred said:
There is already a thread on this...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26737

To be fair and slightly pedantic, this is the original thread, by date. :)

To be really fair and very pedantic, the first mention, by date, was my post in THIS thread... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26327&start=10 :lol:

I doubt many people even read that far into THAT thread...

I know I stopped reading when I saw stupid political troll posts taking over...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj