Naza USB not working.

Reaction score
So I am having trouble, the USB is not working so I can get into Naza. It worked a week or two ago and not nothing. I opened it up and re-seated the USB, still nothing. I even tried a different USB cable from inside and nothing. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks
Scott

there's another post on this forum about USB not connecting. plz search it for further info, however if i remember correctly, people had to take their phantom back to dealer to be replaced. good luck

Mine happened while I was setting the GAIN which was successfully done a few minutes earlier, then no connection!
Lucky me I bought it from DslrPro, who immediately sent me a new one and sent me a call tag and paid for all shipping. Moreover since my Phantom was still flyable so I could fly while I waited until I received the replacement arrived. :mrgreen:

Mine never worked from day one, and it has been away for over five weeks now, dealer says that dji are holding them up with very slow response. And no idea how soon they will respond.

Has anybody replaced the USB unit? It just plugs in with on plug. I have found them on ebay but they also come with the whole motherboard but it I don't have to send it back and wait forever it would be worth it to me.

Just replacing the USB board (or "versatile unit" as the documentation calls it) did not fix my USB. My first Phantom came with it not working, hobby store replaced it with no hassle, the replacement worked long enough for me to enable the IOC, manual mode, etc, but then also stopped working. Maybe their USB design has very poor ESD protection (protection against electrostatic shock). Everyone should take great care when connecting to the PC. Make sure you ground yourself by touching the PC chassis to discharge any static electricity before touching the USB connection. It may easily be something else, but given the fragility of the Phantom USB, if yours is working now, make sure you baby it.

Did you get a new LED/USB board yet ?
Have you tried reloading the drivers for the Phantom on your computer, and did anything change on your computer from
the time it was working and when it stopped ?

I'm curious as to why so many have communication problems with their Phantoms.

Now that DJI has announced the new Naza firmware and Software updates are for the Phantom too, you may want to just
start fresh.

Not sure if the last question was directed at me or the OP, but I did order and receive a new board (with the LED & USB connector). It didn't help. Prior to that, I did attempt repeatedly to install the drivers on multiple PCs with no luck. The USB is so broken that none of the computers even recognize that something was plugged in (no sound, no pop up, nothing in Device Manager, nothing). So the driver installation s/w comes back with a message indicating that no devices were found requiring a driver.

Well, I got a board and it works like a charm. I wonder if the battery bumping up against the board screws it up.

Well, I got a board and it works like a charm. I wonder if the battery bumping up against the board screws it up.

Somebody posted a pic regarding a main board, that was cracked, after a crash. I believe he is working on a more secure battery mount system now.

So short of replacing the unit, there is no fix for the USB not working? This is my second Phantom and I am unlikely to try to replace it with a third. Most likely, if it is just poor quality control in manufacturing, this is my last Phantom.

So short of replacing the unit, there is no fix for the USB not working? This is my second Phantom and I am unlikely to try to replace it with a third. Most likely, if it is just poor quality control in manufacturing, this is my last Phantom.

There are so many out there. Some better, some worse. I like the size of the phantom, and I have a nice case which
holds the Phantom with gimbal and GoPro, radio, 6 extra batteries, iPad mini, extra GoPro, spare backpacs, batteries, remote,
and back doors, chargers and misc cables. and extra motors.

With all I have tied up in the Phantom, unless I find something that fits inside the case, I'll just keep rebuilding the Phantom.

Sometimes I think that's the part I really enjoy anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31