Naza questions and its different modes

Reaction score
Okay I have read the manual briefly watched a few YouTube videos too. I understand the different modes and what they do Home lock, course lock etc. just slightly unclear on a few things

My questions are..

In home lock, is home the controller or where you have taken off?

Would home lock or failsafe work if you are flying in Atti ? Does it not require GPS?

If you take off in GPS mode then fly in atti then whilst flying switch back to gps, does your home position change?

Lastly, sometimes I struggle to get a GPS lock before taking off but soon as I gain some height it locks instantly..is it okay to do this if I am flying over where I want the home position to be?

Sorry for the list of questions and if they do not make sense,I think I will eventually get there :roll:

Turbazz said:
Okay I have read the manual briefly watched a few YouTube videos too. I understand the different modes and what they do Home lock, course lock etc. just slightly unclear on a few things

My questions are..

Would home lock or failsafe work if you are flying in Atti ? Does it not require GPS?

If you take off in GPS mode then fly in atti then whilst flying switch back to gps, does your home position change?

Lastly, sometimes I struggle to get a GPS lock before taking off but soon as I gain some height it locks instantly..is it okay to do this if I am flying over where I want the home position to be?

Sorry for the list of questions and if they do not make sense,I think I will eventually get there :roll:
Home is where you launched from.
Home lock and Return to home require GPS. Course lock will work in ATTI mode.
Home position does not change if you switch to ATTI mode and back. You can change it in the air by switching S2 (left switch) 5 times between position 2 and 3. This does not set the landing altitude. It will descend at that position until it lands on the ground.
If I have to launch without getting all satellites, I will reset home position in the air as described above to confirm that is is set. I often rotate the bird and then switch to home lock and pull back on the right stick to confirm that it will return to the correct position.

Turbazz said:

My questions are..

Where you take off.

No.

Probably not advisable but yes or you can set it manually.

Edit - home lock does not work in ATTI.

So if i take off in GPS.. Switch to atti..Fly long-range lose contact what happens?

N017RW said:
Turbazz said:
So if i take off in GPS.. Switch to atti..Fly long-range lose contact what happens?

This page shows it has not been updated in 2 years so I imagine its still accurate...

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... _Fail-safe

N017RW I mean no offense at all, but that page is some prime chinglish and kinda hard to understand 100%.

So to answer Turbazz's question, if you switch to atti, and lose control signal, but have good sat lock (>= 6), it will RTH to the saved home point. Just for completeness, if you are in atti, but sats are <6, and you lose control signal, it will land straight down where it is, drifting with the wind as it comes down.

syotr said:
Home position does not change if you switch to ATTI mode and back. You can change it in the air by switching S2 (left switch) 5 times between position 2 and 3. This does not set the landing altitude. It will descend at that position until it lands on the ground.

Changing the home point while in the air with S2 works the same way as S1 when setting up for compass calibration from top to bottom 5 times.

Turbazz if the last position on S1 is set to failsafe and you achieved home lock at takeoff it doesn't matter whether you're in GPS or ATTI mode when you move S1 to the bottom position it will return to the home point from where it took off. Now if you change the home point with S2 that is where it will turn to in failsafe.

Now if you lose contact with your unit it will automatically go into failsafe and return to the home point that is if it has 6 or satellites an if it has less than 6 it will descend automatically where it's at.

Maybe you should sit down and read that manual again.

No problem BT.

Moving S2 from top to bottom may result in resetting the CL heading as well.

Best to go from middle to bottom 3-5 times ending in middle position to only reset HP.

Isn't it odd how many different ways we hear about doing one thing correctly? Maybe some that keep saying "Read the manual" need to read the manual.

Right this is getting confusing. Correct me if I'm wrong please and thanks so much for your help...

So failsafe works in any mode,but in atti you need 6 satellites ?

What if you are in GPS mode and trigger fail safe or lose contact and have less than 6 satellites?

Would home lock work in atti mode ? (I know irrelevant question because you could flick into GPS but just curious :roll: )

Turbazz said:
Right this is getting confusing. Correct me if I'm wrong please and thanks so much for your help...

So failsafe works in any mode,but in atti you need 6 satellites ?

What if you are in GPS mode and trigger fail safe or lose contact and have less than 6 satellites?

Would home lock work in atti mode ? (I know irrelevant question because you could flick into GPS but just curious :roll: )
If you have 6 satellites and your home point is set at takeoff, failsafe will RTH no matter what mode you were flying in before the Phantom lost control link for three seconds.
If you have less than six satellites when failsafe is triggered, the Phantom lands where it is.
Homelock (S2 down) only works if S1 is up (GPS mode).

Monte55 said:
Isn't it odd how many different ways we hear about doing one thing correctly? Maybe some that keep saying "Read the manual" need to read the manual.

Seems some here assume everyone is flying in IOC which is not the case. Giving information which deals with IOC can be very confusing to someone who is new to the hobby and is asking for help. Besides being confusing to those who fly in Phantom mode most of the IOC technical information is not in the P2 V1.2 users manual.

Yeh sorry for the confusing Qs i've been flying not even a week.. Don't get me wrong I can fly the thing! Am pretty hands on, but i need to be 100% clear on its functions to get the most out of it.

Steve mann you said if you have less than six satellites phantom will land, is this in any mode gps or atti..

Also I recall reading something in the assistant software. If Failsafe is triggered do you want it to go home and land or just land. I have obviously checked it To go home. ..Does this option still come into play with the six satellite rule?

Turbazz said:
If Failsafe is triggered do you want it to go home and land or just land. I have obviously checked it To go home. ..Does this option still come into play with the six satellite rule?
Unless your Phantom has 6 or more satellites, it has no idea where it or anything else) is or how to come home.

Thanks everybody really appreciate it make sense now!

Has anyone ever got less than six satellites whilst up in the air must be frightening if your way out!

Where I live I'm getting 10 satellites in the air

syotr said:
Turbazz said:

My questions are..

Home is where you launched from.
Home lock and Return to home require GPS. Course lock will work in ATTI mode.
If I have to launch without getting all satellites, I will reset home position in the air as described above to confirm that is is set. I often rotate the bird and then switch to home lock and pull back on the right stick to confirm that it will return to the correct position.

Probably should be noted that when you use the S2 switch method to set a home point that it sets the home point where the Phantom is at that time, not where you took off from.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.