NAZA or Phantom mode

There are other detailed discussions on here on this subject. Please go find them if your interested rather than expecting us to go through it all again. Use Google site search, pretty good at finding stuff. The forum search itself is not great.

IrishSights said:
There are other detailed discussions on here on this subject. Please go find them if your interested rather than expecting us to go through it all again. Use Google site search, pretty good at finding stuff. The forum search itself is not great.

sorry dude but I have searched .. I would not ask if I could find decent material to read most is pages are user opinion rather than fact .. it would be nice to read something written by the people who made it but cant find that either.. DJI downloads are just so general

thanks for the link geert

IrishSights said:
Perhaps these post might help
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8668
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5226
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19253
These are just a random selection from phantompilots.com google site search. I know some are opinions, but the discussions bring out the characteristcs of NAZA mode that might help with some insight.

thanks the more info the better I guess ill get to reading.. what I have read so far is very exciting I must say .. between naza and the new ground station app ill be reading for some time ..

thanks again

colonelangus said:
IrishSights said:
Perhaps these post might help
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8668
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5226
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19253
These are just a random selection from phantompilots.com google site search. I know some are opinions, but the discussions bring out the characteristcs of NAZA mode that might help with some insight.

thanks the more info the better I guess ill get to reading.. what I have read so far is very exciting I must say .. between naza and the new ground station app ill be reading for some time ..

thanks again

Naza is really not all that difficult. It adds some functionality you didn't have before. Specifically the IOC modes (Home Lock/Course Lock)

I think this breaks it all down quite nicely as far as what homelock and course lock is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96oQ74Tq95w[/youtube]

ProfessorStein said:
colonelangus said:
can someone explain the benefits of NAZA mode over Phantom .. or post link to some detailed reading on subject .. been flying in Phantom mode long enough time to advance

This is the best explanation I have found.

http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

This was the website that showed me how to change it. HOWEVER...it doesn't indicate that you have to set IOC in the Assistant in order to get Home lock and Course lock. There's a check box for that you must check or it's not set, even after enabling Naza mode.

I'm relatively new to all this having had my vision for a couple of weeks, I've gone to Naza and it is very easy to master.

Does the full manual mode give the phantom more sensitive controls. Like for more aggressive turns and banks.

Does the full manual mode give the phantom more sensitive controls. Like for more aggressive turns and banks

I don't know but I have seem some very aggressive crashes caught on video from people trying out manual mode. They would be flying along all fine then they flip the switch to go in to manual mode. Then all hell breaks lose faster then they can say holly crap.

Some of the worst crash damages I have seen have been crashes in manual mode. They dint just drop at free fall speed by actully seemed to fly at full speed to the ground. and quite suprised at how mangled some have been. Esp considering Ive had some bad crashes with not much damage. Including one about 2 weeks ago when my fc40 had one of the battery wires come lose off the board when it was 854 feet up and dropped like a rock and only had a bent prop.

Yet have seen some manual mode tests that at even 100 feet or under they hit the ground so hard they looked like they had been run over by a truck. With motors and arms busted right off/ Which makes me not even want to try that stunt.

Tho I would like to see what it can do when some one is able to master using manual mode.
I've heard its even possible to do flips in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues