Naza or Phantom Mode with the new firmware?

Do you fly in Naza or Phantom Mode?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am wondering what everyone's opinions are on weather to use Naza mode or Phantom mode? I am not an expert by any means but seem to be flying pretty well. I am thinking about using the way-points and I definitely want the toggle on the transmitter for RTH in case of emergency but I don't want to crash or cause a flyaway.

I have set the RTH Altitude to 100ft and instead of manual I have the toggle set to Failsafe. Other than that everything is set to normal. Opinions, Thoughts, Warnings???????

Reactions: Fplvert
There is no reason not to enable Naza mode. With both S1 and S2 in the top position, you'll be flying like you're in Phantom mode. But, you'll be able to take advantage of the other functions that Naza mode provides if needed.

What you don't have in the Phantom mode is ATTI in the second position on S1. Both positions are GPS and the third is either normal or failsafe. In order to have ATTI in second position on S1 you would have to switch form Phantom to Naza-M mode.

Yes I use the Naza-M mode for the ATTI but not the IOC as I have no use for it in the video work I do with it.

Last edited:
What you don't have in the Phantom mode is ATTI in the second position on S1. Both positions are GPS and the third is either normal or failsafe. In order to have ATTI in second position on S1 you would have to switch form Phantom to Naza-M mode.

Yes I use the Naza-M mode for the ATTI but not the IOC as I have no use for it in the video work I do with it.
Good post!
S2 (left switch) all the way back is Home Lock. Invaluable feature if you lose orientation!

Good post!
S2 (left switch) all the way back is Home Lock. Invaluable feature if you lose orientation!

The reason for not using IOC is simple I'm a videographer and video tape using LOS and my altitude is set at 305' which I rarely exceed 100' and the radius is set for 1650' and again rarely fly more than 200 feet. The only for needing ATTI is to be able to have as smooth a video as possible without have minor corrections while filming by the GPS.

CCF..I have the same concerns that I posted just below your post in RTH..being new to this I would feel a little more comfortable if there was a lock on the s1 and s2 switch so I wouldn't accidentally move the switches..It is very windy here today and when the wind dies down I am gonna try the Naza mode and ploy with the HL and Cl features....BYW..msinger has been a LOT of help to me! Good luck in your adventures

Reactions: CoolClownFish
CCF..I have the same concerns that I posted just below your post in RTH..being new to this I would feel a little more comfortable if there was a lock on the s1 and s2 switch so I wouldn't accidentally move the switches..It is very windy here today and when the wind dies down I am gonna try the Naza mode and ploy with the HL and Cl features....BYW..msinger has been a LOT of help to me! Good luck in your adventures

Wind just died down here so I am heading out to check it out now. I'll post back in a few.

If you feel that S1/S2 should be locked down so you couldn't accidentally move those switches. Then Naza-M IOC is not for you until learn how master the basics because with your statement you are headed for trouble.

IOC is great for my videographer
The reason for not using IOC is simple I'm a videographer and video tape using LOS and my altitude is set at 305' which I rarely exceed 100' and the radius is set for 1650' and again rarely fly more than 200 feet. The only for needing ATTI is to be able to have as smooth a video as possible without have minor corrections while filming by the GPS.
Well... to each their own video style.
I'm a videographer and I LOVE IOC.
Great for those shots where you fly following the shore line, and when you pass your subject on the shore, you can yaw and keep the camera on him, wile the trajectory of the camera keeps going straight thru the shore line.

Reactions: Fplvert
I agree Macsoft,

Although, I would not say I'm a videographer, Course lock and Home lock are tools that I use when shooting real estate.

ATTI has scared me once in high wind, but it is useful for practice when unable to get satelites.

I've never tried Manual, and have it set for failsafe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31