NAZA M V2 geek needed....

Reaction score
There are plenty of places you can take a battery voltage tap from. Just need to solder a bit. The Naza itself has 5V on all of the centre pins of the servo ports. Very low current so I'm not sure it's a good idea to take power from them.

I guess you don't need to tap from anywere then the battery itself.
The battery shuts itself on and off on its terminals.
So if you turn it if its off on every part in the phantom.
If you need a other voltage then the one provided then a 7805 (5 means the voltage) can do the trick.
It needs cooling if you are drawing higher Amperage.
Just a idea.

gmbn.inc said:
rilot said:
There are plenty of places you can take a battery voltage tap from. Just need to solder a bit. The Naza itself has 5V on all of the centre pins of the servo ports. Very low current so I'm not sure it's a good idea to take power from them.

The strobe is very small & mounted on a small PCB. It has a cable ribbon (red/white/black - 3 wires) that end in a black plastic connector. It looks like the ones that are plugged in the NAZA & the light says 5V on it. (see pic) Any ideas?

You can plug that cable end in directly to NAZA V2 on either extra motor ports (M5 or M6) MAKE SURE Black lead is UP (or top)

You should be seeing power at those connections top pin neg, middle is positive, bottom pin is signal. F1 & F2 are for motors 7 & 8 for an octo. I use those for lights, aux power for Tx, Ground station air end, and GoPro power source.

For those of us who have never looked at the inside and would not know what we are looking for, Is there any chance you could take a quick pic of the connection area and post??

I am very interested in adding lights and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!!

What would be amazingly cool is to have a bright led light that flashes on the front when RTH initiates. You'd have a beacon pointing at you.

DJI would probably have to do this in firmware to give an output, I'm guessing RTH is a software function only. But a flashing bright white LED could be seen by the pilot since it would be pointed at him, and could even be focused. DJI, just drop me a check.

gmbn.inc said:
EMCSQUAR said:
You should be seeing power at those connections top pin neg, middle is positive, bottom pin is signal. F1 & F2 are for motors 7 & 8 for an octo. I use those for lights, aux power for Tx, Ground station air end, and GoPro power source.

Thanks again I've got it sorted now... I plugged it into F1 & it works a treat. Incredibly bright for such a tiny light, I'll get it in the air tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how visible it is in daylight.

Thanks again for your help, Much appreciated.

Are you doing this on a V2+? F1 & F2 is supposed to be for Gimbal servos are they not used?

Are you doing this on a V2+? F1 & F2 is supposed to be for Gimbal servos are they not used?[/quote]

Yep, on a Phantom2 Vision+. The F1/F2 are unused. It must get the gimbal power from elsewhere on the P2V+[/quote]

Did you use the white signal wire, or only the + and ground?

I love the idea of after market 'strobes' on the PV2+. Maybe once I've familiarized myself with the basic flight controls, I will be able to understand and see the full potential from all after market add-ons. Currently, I see lots of benefits though! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik