Naza-M V2 Calibration - Phantom 1

Reaction score
Greetings All,
First post! I have spent a couple hours going through a lot of posts in this forum on calibrating the compass. I have been flying about a year and a half and have calibrated the Phantom countless times. The problem I have is raising the value of the “Compass(raw) Mod” past 600 (actually stays at ~535). The help menu says 750 to 2250. Does anyone know a way to raise this value. I have tried calibrating in an open field, connected to Naza sw, used a magnet to orbit around the compass and have danced more with this Phantom than I have my wife.

Any suggestions welcome!

KN

Check the font settings on your PC...if they're set too large, sometimes the first digit in the "mod" field doesn't get displayed. It's possible your reading is actually 1535 instead of 535.

You want to get as close to 1600-1800 as possible, so that's not too bad if that's what you're value really is.

I have seen to numbers get chopped off on a different computer. I am very confident that its not the interface cutting off the first character. I am beginning to believe the compass is bad.

UCVideo said:
I have seen to numbers get chopped off on a different computer. I am very confident that its not the interface cutting off the first character. I am beginning to believe the compass is bad.

Understood, and that is indeed possible. If you've followed the degaussing steps (circling a magnet around it) and that didn't help at all, I would go ahead and try a different compass...$15 at most dealers.

What have you heard regarding "degaussing" the compass. I have read on other forums that this could be an option. I have a 3 lb and a 6.5 lb magnet ready to degauss. I would like to know a little more before I do. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik