Naza-M Mode red lights?

Reaction score
I switched from Phantom 2 mode to Naza-M Mode. Even after letting it warm up, I'm still getting one flashing red light between flashing green lights. I interpreted this to mean I'm not getting all the satellites. I still flew it and it behaved normal, but still getting an intermittent red light.

I switched it back to Phantom 2 mode and I'm getting all green lights with no red lights flashing. I was in the same location, so the satellite acquisition should be the same.

Questions:

1. Is my interpretation of the red lights in Naza-M Mode correct?
2. If not, is there a problem with my Phantom?
3. Why are the red lights not present when I'm in Phantom 2 mode?

I'm getting the same kind of lights too so would like to know also:) I didn't even know there where two modes??? Where they too?

Marconi Union said:
I'm getting the same kind of lights too so would like to know also:) I didn't even know there where two modes??? Where they too?

Within the Naza Assistant, you can change the mode by clicking the top right corner. It'll say either "Phantom 2" or "Naza-M". Clicking it will switch into that mode. Naza-M mode unleashes the full control potential of the Phantom 2.

Also you should download and thoroughly read the Naza Quickstart Guide...it explains everything.

bernardb said:
Also you should download and thoroughly read the Naza Quickstart Guide...it explains everything.

Did you mean me or Marconi Union?

I did. My question is regarding the red lights. From the guide, it would appear that the flashing red light is from not acquiring all the satellites. I understand that. Even after waiting for it to acquire, I'm still getting one flashing red light between the green flashes. However, in Phantom 2 mode, I do not experience the same series of red lights. I am launching and acquiring satellites from the same position.

Is it normal for the Phantom 2 Mode to take longer to acquire satellites versus the Naza-M Mode?

You'll get the red followed by three greens if the GPS has only located 6 satellites. Once you hit 7 you should get all greens.

The GPS spin up time shouldn't be any different between the two modes.... Mine takes anything from 10 seconds to 60 seconds. Just be patient and wait for 7 or more.

goldfishrock said:
You'll get the red followed by three greens if the GPS has only located 6 satellites. Once you hit 7 you should get all greens.

The GPS spin up time shouldn't be any different between the two modes.... Mine takes anything from 10 seconds to 60 seconds. Just be patient and wait for 7 or more.

Thank you, GFR.

I received my new Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D yesterday and tested it against my current P2. My new Phantom acquired all satellites and the red flashing lights went away. It did take a little longer than when in Phantom mode.

At least I can now isolate the issue to the old Phantom. I've crashed this Phantom and I may have damaged more than what is visually detectable.

It may be worth taking the lid off and unscrewing the GPS 'puck' and checking to make sure that the surrounding ceramic ring antenna isn't cracked or damaged in any way.THey are quite fragile and a crash could cause damage to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31