Naza-M mode and fail safe

Reaction score
When flying in Naza-M and in GPS mode if you drop below 6 SATs for 20 seconds or so, does the bird land or go into ATTI ? For some reason I was thinking it would just land like when the battery reached a critical level. I've read so much I'm confused. :roll:

I don't know why I put fail safe in the subject line as I understand that. Well I think I do. :D

Re: Naza-M mode and loss of sats

Without adequate sats your bird will default to atti.

ps .. you can edit titles and threads after you post.

Without at least 6 sats, it can't tell where it is much less where home is, so RTH is impossible.
All it can do is fly in ATTI mode and drift with the wind.

Also note, home lock won't work either.
Land in place isn't a good idea either since it could be over a tree, water, or people.
The downside of not landing is that if the wind is blowing fast, the Phantom will fly away fast leaving you little time to realize it's no longer holding position before it drifts out of range.

Another reason to keep it within LoS so you can fly it manually if you have to.
I practice flying in ATTI mode sometimes just so I can do it efficiently when needed.

Re: Naza-M mode

Thanks,
I fly a good bit in ATTI also. As for LOS, I don't have the nerves for flying beyond. I have a lot of trees where I live and I just know if mine goes down it will be stuck in top of one. I guess I read about the critical battery condition and have had landing in a tree on my mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1