Naza M FW 4.00 released

martcerv said:
rampage42 said:
WTF. Can't get it out of red yellow flash after upgrade. Ant ideas? Last update was easier for me.

Red yellow flash means compass needs calibration, where you not able to do the compass dance?

I had 6 flights today with the new firmware all with no issues, I set my limits to 1km radius and 200m alti which are well inside what I fly anyway. Nearly killed the phantom on the last flight though flying full speed pretty low and a tree came out of nowhere, I honestly have no idea how I didn't hit it but went through the v of this leafless tree at full speed, in the video the gap looks smaller then a phantom :lol:

I tried about 6 times, could not get green flashing on the vertical rotation to complete. Finally after about 30 rotations it flashed green and was all good. This was all done outside.
That video of the tree was a great shot and save!

Gizmo3000 said:
DeweyAXD said:
So once again DJI digs itself further into their pit of disorganisation and awful online support.

Question - does anyone owning a Phantom actually have a Naza M V2 (the yellow one)? I haven't seen any photos or videos of one inside a Phantom (other than a replacement for crash damage).

I'm just as confused as everyone else.

I thought I read that the newest NAZA firmware "upgrades" the NAZA to the same as a V2, but who knows.
You did it's under the online help notes. Actally there is a video there too, explaining it.

DJI censoring where you can fly.
While it is not likely that I will be conducting flight operations with my Phantom in China, I do have concerns about the precedent DJI is setting by controlling their customers use of their product. I also am curious about how this might work. If it's as simple as loading GPS coordinates into the firmware, simply unplugging the GPS antenna would again allow flight in " restricted areas ". I am curious as well, as to how DJI has implemented the deliberate failure of their product. Does it ignore the start engine command? Does the IMU fail to initialize. Or does it perform a flyaway to Chinese state security? Is there a failsafe, failsoft, or failhard program.

If another government, corporation offered DJI enough incentive, will they include other locations unannounced in future firmware upgrades. Are they already in our firmware? I understand that DJI has only mentioned the Wookong controller, and only one location so far, perhaps because the Wookong is primarily purchased by " professional" multirotor operators. If they have already done so with the Wookong, am I paranoid to suspect that they may have also done this on the NAZA in my Phantom? Many more Phantoms are sold than Wookongs, The first documented shootdown of a multirotor was a Phantom that was recording the Turkish Police's asymmetrical use of force against peaceful protesters. A considerable amount of fire was directed at the Phantom, downing it. The video of the event can be found on Youtube.

Any entity that wishes to establish their OWN no fly zone, can now do so also, by GPS spoofing. Just transmit the coordinates of Tiananmen Square to the Wookong, or for all we know our Phantom's NAZA, and whatever failure mode DJI has chosen will ensue.

Recently, I conducted a number of search arguments through multiple search engines, similar to: " DJI fixes " " DJI resolves " DJI admits ". Even "DJI Board of Directors". Negative results. Try these yourselves if you doubt.

Although the Phantom was my first large multirotor, and the hardware has in my experience been very good, the policy of Corporate Muteness and the lack of any ability to audit the soft/firmware, and absence of corporate best practices or ethics has me considering a new flight controller and radio for my Phantom. The alternative, is to develop an alternative open source firmware for DJI controllers.

Of note as well, is that all along DJI has known that the NAZA controllers were capable of more functions than were advertised.The most innocent explanation is a marketing ploy. Who would now purchase a Wookong with the NAZA having the same capabilities? Will they degrade certain NAZA functions to preserve market share? I wish I could trust this company. Having allready made what to me is a considerable investment in time and money, I wish I could, but I cant.

At the risk of being verbose, and understanding that RC in general is apolitical, DJI has made it less so. I remember the man standing in front of the tank during the Tiananmen Square protest. Refusing to move, one man forced a large colum of battle tanks deployed against unarmed citizens to turn back the way they came. Perhaps I was wrong when I stated above that I was not likely to be flying my Phantom over Tiananmen Square. I now think it needs to be done.

loowolf said:
......Recently, I conducted a number of search arguments through multiple search engines..... Even "DJI Board of Directors". Negative results. Try these yourselves if you doubt.

Try these to be getting on with:
Colin Guinn (we all know about) - Chief Innovations Officer at DJI (North America)
Tao Wang - CEO of DJI China
Sophie Zhang - VP DJI Innovations
Christie Woods - Director of Operations DJI New York
Sharon Gray - Marketing Manager at DJI China
Lon Breedlove - Creative Producer DJI NA
Swift Xie - Marketing Director DJI
Po Lee - Chief Engineer at DJI
Deborah Wang - Marketing Manager at DJI China
Sirong Huang - Product Manager at DJI China
Li Neil - Software Engineer at DJI
Felix Li - Engineer at DJI
Renli Shi - Embedded System Development at DJI China
Xuyang Pan - R&D at DJI

email format is [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'

All available through your friend... GOOGLE :D

P.S - FYI - Christie Woods is/was the girlfriend of Colin Guinn (keep it in the family!) One can only assume they made up their differences since she is now Director of Operations at DJI (although in the NY area and Guinn is in Texas !)

Seems pretty clear unplugging GPS would defeat the geographical exclusion. How else would the flight controller know where it was?

By all means replace the RC transmitter and receiver with Futaba or Spektrum or whatever you prefer.

Please keep us posted on your adventures with an open source FC (APM?). If you think keeping up with DJI firmware and documentation revisions is challenging, wait until you see the commitment required to get good results from some of the alternatives.

Criticizing DJI for pushing functionality down from WKM to the NAZA variants is bizarre to me. First you don't have to upgrade. Second it's not the case that these functions were there all along and are just now being switched on. Take a look at the progression of functionality for WKM over the past 18 months and you'll see its active development. And while it's jarring when function increases, or price decreases, or systems are superseded, better get used to it. These things are flying computers and their technology will continue to advance whether you like it or not.

Now if only DJI would pay for some competent technical translators at the very least...

Steve

loowolf said:
<excerpted text>:
DJI censoring where you can fly.

I also am curious about how this might work. If it's as simple as loading GPS coordinates into the firmware, simply unplugging the GPS antenna would again allow flight in " restricted areas ".

Although the Phantom was my first large multirotor, and the hardware has in my experience been very good, the policy of Corporate Muteness and the lack of any ability to audit the soft/firmware, and absence of corporate best practices or ethics has me considering a new flight controller and radio for my Phantom. The alternative, is to develop an alternative open source firmware for DJI controllers.

Of note as well, is that all along DJI has known that the NAZA controllers were capable of more functions than were advertised.The most innocent explanation is a marketing ploy.

I upgraded yesterday and made a few minor changes to my FBOSD system (still cannot get SD logging working??). Got a chance to go for a flight today and noticed something odd, I'm not going to call it a bug, just an observation lol

When I get a chance I'll upload the videos and link them here (nothing special, i was just showing a mate who hadn't seen it fly before and a few others who had) but once I had got back home an reviewed the videos.

When doing full speed forward movements, with my current gimbal set up, I'd usually have the bottoms of the motors and props in my shot, however now I just have the tips of the props? This suggests that the forward tilt limit (in GPS mode) has been lowered? Perhaps the max speed aswell?

Also, on my second flight to feed to constant requests of the first time viewer to "go right up", when taking off I shot full power from take off, in the video it sounds almost like the motors are hitting an electronic limit, I.E. there is an odd "cutting out" noise. Maybe the max "up"* speed has been limited too.

*brains not working 100%, can't think of the correct word, its late here, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

Other than that, no big issues (with the naza anyway). I had set my limits at 900m radius and 300m high, flights were only ~5mins. Landed at the first red flash on the first battery (it had a decent warm up time too) and the second I landed before any red

Driffill said:
I upgraded yesterday and made a few minor changes to my FBOSD system (still cannot get SD logging working??). Got a chance to go for a flight today and noticed something odd, I'm not going to call it a bug, just an observation lol

When I get a chance I'll upload the videos and link them here (nothing special, i was just showing a mate who hadn't seen it fly before and a few others who had) but once I had got back home an reviewed the videos.

When doing full speed forward movements, with my current gimbal set up, I'd usually have the bottoms of the motors and props in my shot, however now I just have the tips of the props? This suggests that the forward tilt limit (in GPS mode) has been lowered? Perhaps the max speed aswell?

Also, on my second flight to feed to constant requests of the first time viewer to "go right up", when taking off I shot full power from take off, in the video it sounds almost like the motors are hitting an electronic limit, I.E. there is an odd "cutting out" noise. Maybe the max "up"* speed has been limited too.

*brains not working 100%, can't think of the correct word, its late here, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

Other than that, no big issues (with the naza anyway). I had set my limits at 900m radius and 300m high, flights were only ~5mins. Landed at the first red flash on the first battery (it had a decent warm up time too) and the second I landed before any red
GPS definitely limits speed. I experimented with both a few minutes ago (same conditions and heading for each run). When I am in GPS mode, the maximum ground speed I saw on the OSD was 24mph. In ATTI, I easily get over 40mph and even saw it reach 49 once.

Driffill said:

** When doing full speed forward movements, with my current gimbal set up, I'd usually have the bottoms of the motors and props in my shot, however now I just have the tips of the props? This suggests that the forward tilt limit (in GPS mode) has been lowered? Perhaps the max speed aswell?

*** Also, on my second flight to feed to constant requests of the first time viewer to "go right up", when taking off I shot full power from take off, in the video it sounds almost like the motors are hitting an electronic limit, I.E. there is an odd "cutting out" noise. Maybe the max "up"* speed has been limited too.

** Or you need to adjust the gain settings and calibrate the centre points in the software
*** Or you need to adjust the gain settings in the software

After a firmware update as a rule of thumb I recalibrate the compass and then do an advanced IMU calibration.

If you are increasing the weight on your phantom you can up the gain settings to compensate at stock weight 800g the gains are set to 100 if you read the manual (I know but it has to be done) it has the gain settings for the 350, 450 and 550, their weights and the gain settings for these weights. I think the 550 has a lot of the gains at 170% at 1.3kgs I think from memory (you can check in the manual). By the time that you have added camera's fpv systems and gimbals you can quite easily get 1.2-1.3kgs if that's your operating weight then use the settings in the manual to maintain your flight characteristics.

Brian

When you set limits, is the limit for altitude based on from where you start? Or MSL? The way I see it, it is from your start.

Yeah it's from where it starts.
I wonder if it goes both ways up and down from start point; if you flew into a canyon or pit

So, am I to assume that everone here who's installed the Naza M Firmware 4.00 has the Naza M-V2 (orange) installed as well? Or, does it also work with the V1 (red) ... which, again, I assume, is what's in the Phantom unless an owner has swapped it out for the V2. That video on the DJI site certainly shows it being used with the Orange colored Naza V2. If it's only meant for the V2, wouldn't that be why some folks are having problems?

I finally have my Zenmuse H3-2D (Version 2 ...or whatever DJI chooses to call it ... or, not call it) in transit to me. First I had the H3-2D (Version1) waiting (since July) for the PMU V2. Then, I didn't order the PMU V2 ... opted for the upgrade board instead. I received that, but I sent back the H3-2D (version 1) for a Version 2 replacement. So, now I'm sitting here with the upgrade board waiting for the Zenmuse. By the end of this week or early next, I should be able to open the Phantom up and get started. Wouldn't it be great to have a step by step video ... sorry, talking video (doesn't DJI know that silent movies went out of fashion back around 1935 or so ... oh, wait ...they must have been inspired by The Artist, I guess) ... to take me through everything ... and I do mean everything.

martcerv said:
First flight I will try small limits to test this feature out maybe 30m on both settings, it also has settings for the bluetooth unit and I will soon be getting the mini OSD from DJI along with a futaba radio.

How do you install the mini OSD on the upgraded circuit board?

I need help with my naza m v2 i cant get it to work it wont arm it wont let my radio talk to the controller i dont know if i have the wires plugged in properly there arent any diagrams i have my wires the light brown is at the top of the three wire plug is there a pinout available for this so i can follow it and check my work i am unable to get this working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers